2020 Explorer accessories/parts? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer accessories/parts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The "ST" valve stem caps came in, they are really nice.

IMG_9430.jpeg
IMG_9432.jpeg

The "ST" valve stem caps came in, they are really nice.

View attachment 173022 View attachment 173023

I need to wait a few more days for my amazon 5% rewards to hit so I can order some stuff for free lol.

Can you verify that they do indeed cover the whole stem so you dont see the metal threads?

I'll be starting a go fund me page if anyone wants to donate to help cure my addiction.

Picking up the ST tomorrow from the xpel wrap and ceramic coating. 20% front windows to match too. Cant wait!!

I need to wait a few more days for my amazon 5% rewards to hit so I can order some stuff for free lol.

Can you verify that they do indeed cover the whole stem so you dont see the metal threads?

I'll be starting a go fund me page if anyone wants to donate to help cure my addiction.

Picking up the ST tomorrow from the xpel wrap and ceramic coating. 20% front windows to match too. Cant wait!!

Mine is still in the shop (yes, still). Can you pull a cap off and take a photo? Depends on the style of valve stem used. If they are normal, just threaded then yes, it should cover all of the threads. If the stem has the brass shank then threads, then it wont. I just test fit the caps on my wife's car then on the 2020 Ranger (with the shaft) rental I have.

IMG_9433.jpeg

IMG_9434.jpeg

IMG_9435.jpeg

IMG_9436.jpeg

Edit, looking back at my photos of the black 21" ST Street Pack wheels, they are normal stems with no shank. The "ST" caps should cover the threads just fine.

So I carry a plain old black leather wallet almost exactly like this one, it old and worn out. Found this on Amazon... Don't even have my ST yet... LOL

CapturFiles-201908236_0108_1.png

Has anyone found any good wheel locks that match the Street pack wheels / lug nuts well?

I have a new set of solid nicely chromed lugs to replace the capped OEM lugs. The studs are 14x1.5m. Look for DP Accessories on Amazon, their lugs are very good quality and affordable. I remember seeing lock sets from them. They also have chrome back splined lugs which look sweet.

I carry a $0 comp deductible.. if they want my rims, take them. I have no problem with new rims and tires for free lol.

The ST stem caps went up $2 in price this afternoon. One pair left!!

ok, now that I have mine in the garage, I have started installing the pile of stuff in my den I bought prior to purchase. I am in the process of installing the LED lights (I am going resistor less on the turn signals when I use FORSCAN to enable LED rear taillights). I have the Ford Performance license plate frame that Blownsmoke has, I have the valve stem covers coming Tuesday. The UVS100 sun shade (mandatory in FL) is on the way from Tasca (backordered). We have had the tailings of a tropical storm the last couple of days so the weather is not great out for pics but I did take one of the hitch plug I got that looks good on the Atlas Blue. It also lets you put a hitch pin to hold it in place so it is harder to steal. One other thing, I am thinking black lug nuts would clean up the wheel look. Someone had posted the set they got that were DP that fit the explorer. I tried to find that but I can't. If someone can point me I would appreciate it. Thanks
IMG_0294.jpg

ok, now that I have mine in the garage, I have started installing the pile of stuff in my den I bought prior to purchase. I am in the process of installing the LED lights (I am going resistor less on the turn signals when I use FORSCAN to enable LED rear taillights). I have the Ford Performance license plate frame that Blownsmoke has, I have the valve stem covers coming Tuesday. The UVS100 sun shade (mandatory in FL) is on the way from Tasca (backordered). We have had the tailings of a tropical storm the last couple of days so the weather is not great out for pics but I did take one of the hitch plug I got that looks good on the Atlas Blue. It also lets you put a hitch pin to hold it in place so it is harder to steal. One other thing, I am thinking black lug nuts would clean up the wheel look. Someone had posted the set they got that were DP that fit the explorer. I tried to find that but I can't. If someone can point me I would appreciate it. Thanks
View attachment 173104

Tony - here is the link from one of the previous posts:

NOTE: On the very top of the page, there is a disclaimer that these will NOT fit the 20 Ex but to contact DPA.

https://www.amazon.com/DPAccessorie...+14x1.5+black&qid=1566048805&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Jay

The note about not fitting the 2020 Explorer is due to the site is not up-to-date with what will fit the 2020 Explorer. Those should fit fine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I ordered the Black Ford Performance (with red lettering) license plate frame:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JGMWXG2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And also took a chance on the black DPAccessories Lug Nuts:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3UG0Y8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Even though for some reason they state:
- WILL NOT FIT: Factory OEM wheels or wheels made by the vehicle manufacturer.
Not sure why they state that, but I should have my ST by the middle of this week, so I guess if they are not right I can send them back.

Back