Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build

My wife just got me a huge container of red food coloring

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cool, red and blue fluid in a white container.

20210425_190846.jpg

100% alc test
20210425_194550.jpg

finel mix i try to aim for mix between 60/40 but lasoda says anything 60/40 to 50/50 is ok
20210425_100804 (1).jpg

new washer jug / radiator jug installd

I ordered some weather pac connectors
I use these Delphi connectors a ton
Normally I would solder all the pins in the connector but I also got a tool ....not the best tool but better than my klein universal
These connectors are so I can add to my main harness
And add some harness of my own
Everything has to be factory spec safe
Like if I want to remove something it will have its own connector ECT...

Comment give advice please

Screenshot_20210426-154448.png

Screenshot_20210426-154423.png

Screenshot_20210426-154353.png

You are serial, you keep going back and are killing it.

I came-up soldering everything having an Electrical Engineer father, but he trusted some connectors and they have gotten so much better. My son is working for Eaton's electrical division and they use connectors on everything.

Ditto, nice organized electrical connections etc, are important when lots of things are changed. I hate seeing bad wiring, unfortunately there's a lot of it out there. I like the OEM connectors the best, the terminals inside are more stout than most aftermarket connector terminals. Try to use the best components for high current circuits.

You guys are right
I plan on soldering a very few crimp connections I used on the rushed meth install
When we had to move the meth around I used a few crimp connectors
Due to the rush To keep working with lasoda

So some soldering
All devices will get a connector
I have a weather pack connector crimp tool ....very nice tool..
Makes factory crimps really
Any high amp stuff like the meth pump will be crimped and a touch of solder
the goal here is to have a removable harness that looks as good as it works lol

Screenshot_20210501-070443.png

Got the connectors today nice quality

20210501_121242.jpg

20210501_121543.jpg

Today we cleaned up all the main harness for all the mods
We ran built everything like a factory harness
took all day
We put in new connectors with the proper amp rating where needed
Just a general cleanup of the wiring
Every device has its own connector for easy removal

eng bay.PNG

20210509_172307.jpg

20210509_172415.jpg

so

I wish I had your dedication to detail!

I just got done installing the moddbox kit on my 2009 Ranger. Running the 5.5 pulley atm. Don't have water injection yet, but did the IAT relocation, 255lph fuel and 47lb injector upgrade. Runs fairly well so far, I have HP Tuners so I was able to calibrate the larger injectors and MAF. I'm mostly concerned about my intake temps as they average around 140F in 60F weather. How much did water injection bring your temps down?

IMG_20210517_233712.jpg

How much did water injection bring your temps down?
When its activated the temps drop like a rock
Was getting the same problem with the iat
Wrap your intake pipe
Isolate your air filter from the engine bay heat
I put in a 180 thermostat but ended up with a stant 167
Anything to get the temps down
Now my iats are around 125 normal driving which is good

Great looking truck
Great looking install

I just got done installing the moddbox kit on my 2009 Ranger. Running the 5.5 pulley atm. Don't have water injection yet, but did the IAT relocation, 255lph fuel and 47lb injector upgrade. Runs fairly well so far, I have HP Tuners so I was able to calibrate the larger injectors and MAF. I'm mostly concerned about my intake temps as they average around 140F in 60F weather. How much did water injection bring your temps down?

View attachment 330672
Where did you get that EGR tube, its minty. That is a really good build.

Where did you get that EGR tube, its minty. That is a really good build.
It was a pain. I tried to make my own, but those fittings are impossible to find in the US as they are 22mm. I ended up having a Hydraulic equipment supplier in my area make it for me. It's stainless steal and 2 pieces, charged me about $100 to fabricate. Had to give them those odd 22mm threaded fittings from the original EGR tube. The fittings in the middle are just some standard ones. It's actually 3 pieces so there is room for error and adjustment to make from the shorty headers to the EGR.

It was a pain. I tried to make my own, but those fittings are impossible to find in the US as they are 22mm. I ended up having a Hydraulic equipment supplier in my area make it for me. It's stainless steal and 2 pieces, charged me about $100 to fabricate. Had to give them those odd 22mm threaded fittings from the original EGR tube. The fittings in the middle are just some standard ones. It's actually 3 pieces so there is room for error and adjustment to make from the shorty headers to the EGR.
Cool
My good friend Dan
He owns a gas and propane co
I was thinking of making one from copper
The fittings are easy for him to get
Now I'm thinkn

The quest for a better air temp sensor continues
I'm installing a ford sensor its made of fiberglass reinforced plastic
The sensor itself is a glass bead not plastic
The old sensor was touching the cage maybe that's it
20210519_140500.jpg
20210519_140419.jpg

Screenshot_20210519-130236.png
20210519_140345.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It looks like the new sensor has less mass around the element. This should make it read temp changes faster if the ECU can take advantage of a faster read time.

Back