anyone rock one of these 6r80 fill tubes? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

anyone rock one of these 6r80 fill tubes?

Post number 6 has been selected as best answered.

zerodevil

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage, AK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 White Limited V8
B&M makes a threaded dipstick for the 6r60/80/100, based largely on the F-150 trans case. I was wondering if we have the same factory "dipstick" on our 6r cases that the F-150 do. Would love to add one of these while adding the B&M deep pan when I do a filter/fluid service next spring.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think ours is mostly the same on the dipstick, although I don't know if it would still be compatible with this kit, I mean worst case you could always try it and then send it back? If it was made for the 6r80 I would think it should work for the 6r60 though depending on your explorer year

Since the only safe way to check the transmission oil level is wearing welding gloves...

Anyone used this one on gen4 ?i believe the threads are all the same but what about the dipstick engine space routing?

Only one B&M dipstick 22200 review found on ford-trucks.

B&M makes a threaded dipstick for the 6r60/80/100, based largely on the F-150 trans case. I was wondering if we have the same factory "dipstick" on our 6r cases that the F-150 do. Would love to add one of these while adding the B&M deep pan when I do a filter/fluid service next spring.

DId you buy one? I just bought a 2010...

Yeah,ive purchased but still not installed..

6R80 B&M dipstick installed.
Routed just behind the engine block to the transmission fill port

20221122_162302.jpg 20221122_161715.jpg 20221122_163357.jpg 20221122_164425.jpg

Did the aftermarket stick give the same reading as the stock stick?

The B&M dipsticks are universal.

You will need to transfer the original marks by yourself (the exact oil marks transfer precedure described at the installation manual)

I like it, but I'm not sure I will be thrilled if it ends up being that long in my 98 truck.

It make no sense, but you can replace the steel braded hose to whatever you want lenght since it is regular water low pressure hose with three CNC fittings and dipstick cable handle

Back