help !superlift radius arm question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

help !superlift radius arm question

madmike

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Yuma, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 xlt, 93 SAS xlt
I need help!!!!!! when i put my superlift radius arms on a while back I didnt have any directions, well i have mounted the rear brackets on too far forward. Do any of you guys know how far back they are supposed to be mounted????? or have a reference point for the bracket. right now my mount bolt for the right side ttb is hitting the front drive shaft for the right wheel which is not a good thing lol. any help will be greatly appreciated. also i cant find any directions on the superlift site to download, thanks, mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Radius Arm bracket or did you install an upgraded Long Arm kit?

If you installed the regular radius arm drop bracket, it uses the existing holes where the rivets came out of, with the exception of the one you would have had to drill out at the rear of the bracket.

yes, i got the new brackets and arms , basically the entire superlift kit without directions, so i can use the old bracket holes or are you talking about the holes for the cross member?

ok i did some searching and can i just remove the two back rivets on the cab mounts drill the holes and mount like that, will this place them in the correct position? thanks guys

Here's a pic of my extended Radius Arms and the mount point, hope this helps. Sorry it took so long, but I am fighting with adobe photoshop and its crash issues ;)

Attachments

• radius arm mount.jpg
    radius arm mount.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 136

Right on! perfect, thanks man!:chug: omg if you look at this pic really close you can seemine are on backwards lol. man duhhhh i feel stupid lol

oops here is the messed up pic

Attachments

• mybroketruck.jpg
    mybroketruck.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 121

Back