gilmer, tx | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

gilmer, tx

Okay guys, Looks like I may be able to pull this trip off. I have a slight tranny leak via my tranny seal but think I will be okay. Thats why I trailer it anywho.
So I will have a group of five with me it looks like.
Dina will also be bringing her 4wd Escape. We need to bring it to get everyone to Gilmer. Plus she can pull you 2wd guys out of the one and two diamonds :) hehe.

We will be departing Dallas very very early on Saturday morning.
774brian_green_024.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

TRCKMAGIC and Msupertek, you guys wanna meet up some place and trek there together?

Just let me know, so I know what time to leave Waco to meet you all at the rendezvous point.

Looks like I gonna have to do the Demon4x4 modifcation (vise grips) on the transfer case to get it into low 4x4. :(

Just a heads up Jeff, there isn't any water out here so you can't go diving this time.:D :D :D

since no one is camping, caount me in for sturday morning.

BTW, anyone seen msupertek pics from this weekend?
fyi, got my 4x2x1/8 tubing... a little overkill as far as size but i think it will work. also got 36x36 3/16 for skid plate. so, lots of work to do before saturday.

Jeff you are more than welcome to meet us Saturday morning.

What about the WalMart on 20? Towards Terrell.

Brad help us out here. I was thinking I could be at that area by 6:30 a.m.

brian, i do not recal a walmart on I20 pass 175 but ther is an outlet mall in terrell. that, i know u cannot miss it caus it is pretty big and ther are gas stations and wendy's there. and it is right off I20. what do u guys think?

That works for me.

anyone else? jeff? mike? dejello?

Unfortunately they (work) won't let me on during the day :(.. Like I'm not doing work? :)

Anyway, I'm game for whenever. Saturday morning's fine with me. Jeff, maybe I can meet up with you and Alicia in Waco and then we'll go from there? Either that or I can go on friday. It don't matter to me at all.. I just want to get the hell out there (crosses fingers, knocks on wood, throws salt over shoulder and whatever else:p)... I'm off work on friday, so let me know. I might just use friday as a "try to finish working on the truck" day like i did for the slabs

Let me know the exit you are going to meet at in Terrell and what time, I'll be there.:D

Originally posted by WannaBTrckmagik
Just a heads up Jeff, there isn't any water out here so you can't go diving this time.:D :D :D

Such a relief!
That means I can leave the scuba gear at home! ;)

Trckmagik:

Let me know an exit # that I need to get off at, to make it a little easier to find please.

Looks like we'll have to be on the road by 4:30 or so to make it there by 6:30, which will not be a problem.

dejello:

You are more than welcome to drive to Waco on friday and spend the night, if you would like.

And to everyone else:

Come on get off your duff's and come play with us!!

dang... finally gotr my skid plate on. i cannot feel my hands now cause i was too sawzall happy. yes, they do cut like butter but they also takes a toll on the hand. the slider is cut up and ready to be welded on. sway bar is disconnected. only thing left aare the gears. i am excited now.
btw, the mall is called tanger outlet mall. go on I20 and exit Hwy 80. right there u see wendy's, texaco, i think phillip 66. we just meet up at wendy's parking lot on the right hand side as soon as u exit.
http://gotexas.about.com/library/blterrellmall.htm

So far in attendence:

YES:
Wannabtrckmagik
Trckmagik
Swak
DeJello
Msupertek
Mudduck
SVO
SVT Girl

MAYBE:
Texplorer
Soundguy

BTW, who all has communications in thier truck and who doesn't?

I have to replace the antenna on mine, and re-check the radio, before the antenna got busted the raido still worked after being completely submerged! :eek:

We'll see if it still works or not.

I have communications :)

<----- Still has his com's :)

i have nothing. will bring a pair of walkie talkie so someone up front of me can tell me what is goig on like ( there is a big hole here, u might wanna go bypass). that kinda deal, u know what i mean?

Brian, you were thinking of the Wal-mart at like 80 and mockingbird right in Mesquite, i think the location in Terrell will work better for everyone coming from the south so they dont' have to go out of their way to get to 80

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

4 days and counting.

Back