It's official. I am the stupidest Member on this Board.( A hunting Story!) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

It's official. I am the stupidest Member on this Board.( A hunting Story!)

OK here's the story. Me and a couple of buddies went hunting Yesterday. Saw a couple of Does, nothing else, and when light started to fade around 4:30 we started heading up to get some firewood. No point coming home empty. Well what walks across the road and sticks his head in the bushes, I geuss the old You can't see me because I can't see you theory, a decent sized Moose. My buddy hit it, one shot, about 5 drunken steps, down.

It was about 85 feet off the road and we were able to drag it down to the road-downhill and in about 3 feet of fairly hard snow. Gutted it. It's been dead about 5 min now.

Are you ready for the stupid part?

"Where is the tarp?"

" Didn't you grab it? "

"No' didn't you?"

"Oh well. It'll be fine. Let's throw it in the Ex"

It was 350-400 lbs. We threw it in the back of the Ex. Not easy.So out we come to the butchers. We pull it out and there is blood running out both side doors of the Ex.There was an inch of blood on the floor under the back seat. Parked on a bank and hosed it out as best as I could. Geuss I will be pullin out the seats and carpet and power washing. Anyone wanna see pics?

cmacfarlane@shaw.ca Put Moose in the subject line, I don't open mail I don't know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol. time to pull the carpet and herc the interior!

I think it would be fun to pull into a detailing place dressed like the unibomber (or any sketchy character) and ask them if they could clean it for you. And if they ask if it's blood, tell them it's kool-aid or something rediculous like that.

pics would be cool

LMAO, Yeah definatley get some pics :D

Wet/Dry shop vac. Lots of cold water. Good luck!

:D :D Got another one today! :D :D

Yesterday's was 368 lbs after gutted, skinned and head and feet off. Todays was 100 feet farther up the same road and was 138 dressed out. Not very big. Will send pics of both to those who emailed later tonite. :cool:

Oh yea, the carpet comes out tommorow and stays out till after hunting season.

LOL!!!

Is this hunting area around Kelowna?

Yup. Up Philpot road. That's east of Kelowna, up Hwy 33, about 30 KM and about another 40 Km into the bush. You know Kelowna at all?

Been there quite a few times....this summer alone I:

Stayed in a motel there.
Got My X brakes fixed there.
Rode in rental boats and jet skis there.
Slept in my X outside the outskirts there.
Took my first airplane trip from there to Calgary.

LOL.....All covered in my "when good vactions go bad" thread from Sept......

Got a link to that one?

Man are ya killing babies or what? We got one today that weighed about 600lbs or so Now way it woulda fit in the back of an ex :)

That's as big as they get without going far away. We were only 50 k's out.
And That's the weight hangin at the butchers. The second one was a calf, my buddy is native and he was asked to get a calf by the Indian Friendship center for a dinner. "Ceremonial Purposes" he can shoot whatever, wherever.

The biggest one at the butcher here was only in the 5's hanging. We don't live in the booneys like you. :p

Shoulda done the thread BEFORE you came to Kelowna....I could have showed you the sites, and we coulda fixed your ex and not had to pay shop rates. Sorry to hear about your Grampa. :(

From what I recall...the shop rates weren't so bad...we used Minit tune down by Superstore on Harvey... LOL

Geeze, I even remember roads.....

There is a cool book store on "Leon" :D

Back