boominXplorer

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 4x4 Mounty
Well guys I trashed one of my lift spindles thiss past weekend by blowing up an inner bearing. I work at an offroad shop here in va beach and well, the RCD 4wd coilover kit is on its way. Here is my plans for my new and "Improved" build.

-4:10's F&R
-Aussie lockers in rear (possibly front)
-RCD Coilover kit up front
-I already have the PERFECT spring over setup in the rear with anti-wrap pearches, new shock mounts and new u-bolt plates.
-I will be swapping to a 4406 Transfercase just waiting till I find one with all the linkage and it being a manual.
-Front 3" Fiberglass fenders
-35x12.50 15 Xterrains on my 15x10's
-And as of now the 3" bodylift will stay but may be removed in the future.

Questions:
-Will the front brake lines in the ranger RCD kit fit my truck?
-Is the 11.25" rotor what comes factory on our trucks?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds good... i suggest keeping the body lift to keep it looking quite similiar to how it does now cuz it looks good as is. u take away all the lift and u lose the appeal imo

ya explorers use an 11.25" and as long as the kit you're using specifies the 11.25" then the brake lines will work also.

subsribin

The RCD brakelines worked fine on my truck! I had no issues whatsoever with the rotors.
Good Luck with the install! Can't wait to see how your's turn out!

Chris - I'm excited to see your truck the next time you come through. I will possibly be moving by summer time, but hopefully still near the same area. Anyhow, you can always make brake lines to work.... if ATI taught you well enough :thumbsup:

-Drew

sounds like to good project, this kit probably gets a little more wheel travel but it is not a long travel kit, it just swaps the t-bar for a coilover

Drew, hopefully in 2 weeks I'll take it on the drive your way.

My only concern now is I hope the 302 doesn't weigh too much. The ranger I drove with this setup got 5" and he still had alot of adjusting threads lift so I figure it will work out fine.

do you have to use the rcd coil or can you use a different brand(king, bilstein, etc)that has a higher tolerance??

you probably could fit a different brand 2.0 coilover but you most likely would have to get new upper and lower mounts because i know the RCD one just bolts up

oh yeah and im pretty sure the kit uses a bilstein 5100 style coilover so its a pretty good shock to begin with

then it would be the same mounting as the 7100..heard good things about that coilover

nevermind...thats a 2.5" coil

You have to drill and bolt down new upper and lower shock mounts for the front. The coil over's do not just bolt up to the stock locations!

In for updates. i can't wait to see it!

adarkang said:
You have to drill and bolt down new upper and lower shock mounts for the front. The coil over's do not just bolt up to the stock locations!
Don't those mounts come with the kit? all i was saying before was if he is concerned with the tolerance of the rcd/bilstein coilover setup can't he just swap it out for any other 2" coilover and mount it with minor modifications/if any? i've never seen how the rcd's mount but i'm assuming it's just like any other coilover.

white96x said:
Don't those mounts come with the kit? all i was saying before was if he is concerned with the tolerance of the rcd/bilstein coilover setup can't he just swap it out for any other 2" coilover and mount it with minor modifications/if any? i've never seen how the rcd's mount but i'm assuming it's just like any other coilover.

Yes the mounts should come with the kit. I would imagine that you could swap in a different coilover. why you would want to do this is beyond me. The bilstein that comes with the kit is straight out awesome in my opinion.

word is in 3 months their ranger kit will have an optional resivior coilovers. I am trying to get that kit now to display on my truck as my work is an RCD dealer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

boominXplorer said:
word is in 3 months their ranger kit will have an optional resivior coilovers. I am trying to get that kit now to display on my truck as my work is an RCD dealer.

Thats what i'm talkin about...keep us posted

Back