• Register Today It's free!

How do you like your Aussie?

94 Crawler

Reaction score
City, State
Stantonsburg,NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Ranger SuperCab
How do you like your aussie? I'm concidering giong this route on my sas front and rear. I've heard a lot of good abought them. Tell me what you like / dont like. Thanks 94 Crawler

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have one in my dana 44 front. Works fine. I ran lockrights and a detroit in my old ranger. No problems with any of them.

The only two negatives I can think of are there shipping prices seem a bit high, and that sometimes they are on backorder on some models.

I would buy an aussie again.

...I have 1 up front on my Dana 35...I love it, my steering and steering box hates it.....My steering box is original so I'm going to start by replacing it..:D

...For now, I might also add one to the rear when I get the chance and funds..I have nothing but good to say about them so far...:thumbsup:

I couldn't be happier with my D44 Aussie. Hydro assist would be nice on the tight turns but in some cases I just put it in 2wd or unlocking one hub works too but that can be a hassle.

Fortunatly I have the luxury to shift the front out of gear independantly. I will also concider a hydro assist. Thanks for the feadback

I've been running one in the 8.8 rear of my F-150 ('91). Has never given me any trouble. I was using the truck as a proving ground before I installed in my '94 Ex. Sold the '94, Still have the truck. Hoping to put one in the '05 Ex.

Love mine, 8.8" rear...I am running 35's and have a 5.0L and sometimes in mud and other places I have used all 302 cubes and it has not let me down...they have a lifetime warranty as long as it was installed right...even if you are running 44's and a 572

Rockranger said a comment about high shipping and on back order sometimes...(not sure how much they are from other sites but check out "www.northridge4x4.com" I got mine for 250 shipped to my door...cause shipping is free on anything over $100 dollars from that site...

...Aussielocker is a membor/vendor here...He can get you what you need unless they are BO'd...:dunno:

...As for Hydro Assist, I am not all up on it yet but I could use some help on gathering parts and info for both pre/after SAS...;)

I have had one in the front diff for a couple of years. No problems.

Thanks all I did some reasearch earlier and i guess i just needed a push. I ordered both sets from offroadlockers.com Shipping was like 25.00. I'm not going to gripe at that.

...Aussielocker is a membor/vendor here...He can get you what you need unless they are BO'd...:dunno:

...As for Hydro Assist, I am not all up on it yet but I could use some help on gathering parts and info for both pre/after SAS...;)

There is plenty of info out there on hydro assist. Where to tap the box and all. I'm in search of a ram and the rest should be cake.

i have the 8.8 locker and it's a great product, it definitely has it's quirks on a DD, but off road it is hard to beat for the price and install. not to mention their customer support( bill) is second to none IMO

I've had the aussie for 3 years and it's held up so far. I just pulled it apart at the beginning of this year to check it out, still looks great. I was running it on 35s and I just moved up to 39.5 so we'll so how it holds up.

I love my Aussie (any my rear lock-right), they're much better units that the detroit ez locker you were running in the Pig I bought from ya :thumbsup:

Thanks Hahns ( I cannot type tonight hitting to many keys and no drinky)

I havent posted yet I do have the aussies for both the 9" and the d44. They came pretty quickley. I wanted sellectables, but at 1K less I'm going to try the aussie. I have only heard good abought them.

I've had my Aussie in my rear 8.8 for a year+.. It has been great on and off -road. I was worried about street manners but it has proven to be very street friendly (IMO).

Had an Aussie in the 8.8 in my 94 F150 for half a year and loved it. Could go places in 2wd that I couldn't in 4wd without it. Didn't always unlock onroad and was a little noisy. I took it out when I sold the truck and put it in my X. It was a little worn, some of the teeth on the cams were chipped. Still works fine, even better in the X, unlocks when it's supposed to and much quieter.

My friend has one in the front of his XJ and it does amazing, he does have a little more trouble turning now.

Oh and BTW, they don't have a lifetime warranty anymore! Now it's 2 years.

Back