• Register Today It's free!

Please i need help!!

blackbelt980

Reaction score
City, State
Stone Ridge, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ranger
I have a 1995 Ford Rnager and the O/D light keeps flashing and from ive been told it goes into "limp" mode. As soon as i shut off my truck and turn it back on its fine for a while..If I turn off my overdrive everything is fine (except the gas mileage of couse) Ive been dealing with this for a while now and its driving me crazy. I changed the tranny fluid and that didnt help, I also put in the ABS/ Speed sensor that is in the Diff. Nothin id helping PLEZ help me!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...What codes are you getting so this can be properly diagnosed???

...What motor and what tranny do you have??

um.. the code was for a turbine speed sensor, which i replaced. now there is no code, but still problems. its a 1995 with the 2.3l dual igniton motor, tranny im not completly sure cause its rebuilt.

...No code as in you cleared the code, or it went away by itself???..:scratch:...Are you having the same problem or a different problem as mentioned in your first post???

...No code as in you cleared the code, or it went away by itself???..:scratch:...Are you having the same problem or a different problem as mentioned in your first post???

No, there is no code showing up at all.. just the o/d light flashing. Yes im having the same exact problem, but its starting to get worse.

No, there is no code showing up at all.. just the o/d light flashing. Yes im having the same exact problem, but its starting to get worse.
You're probably not using the right scanner - if the O/D light blink, there mus tbe a code stored.

Back