2013 Ford Explorer LTD 4WD Ordered | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ford Explorer LTD 4WD Ordered

KanewtZ

Reaction score
City, State
Northern Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer LTD
Hi All,

New to the Forum.

Ordered a 2013 Explorer LTD 4WD (first Ford ever)
- 302A Package
- Trailer Tow
- Dual Moonroof
- Voice Activated Nav

Ext. White Metallic Tricoat
Int. Pecan Perforated Leather

From Ontario, Canada. Ordered on May 31st, 2012. Was told it should be in by mid July.

Looking forward to the forums!

Cheers!
Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forums, KanewtZ! We have have a 13 XLT on order and can't wait. The forums have been really helpful and lots of fun looking at everyone's pics. There is a group buy on Husky all weather mats if you like, check out the 2011+ Modified forum, as well as suggestions for running boards, etc. Just curious, with all that snow, what made you choose white?
Congrats on your new Ex!
- Toddy

Welcome to the forum Matt !!!

Welcome to the forums, KanewtZ! We have have a 13 XLT on order and can't wait. The forums have been really helpful and lots of fun looking at everyone's pics. There is a group buy on Husky all weather mats if you like, check out the 2011+ Modified forum, as well as suggestions for running boards, etc. Just curious, with all that snow, what made you choose white?
Congrats on your new Ex!
- Toddy

My wife wanted White. Enough said LOL.

Matt, I chose the platinum white as well, but went with stone interior! My 2013 is on order and should be here by first of August (I ordered 6/8), it's my first Ford too, but my husband has a Ford Truck. I am very excited and as Tom Petty's song says..."The waiting is the hardest part..." Enjoy the forums, there's lots of great feedback!

Just ordered my 2013 Limited mid June. Hearing 12 weeks for delivery.

KanewtZ, Did you hear anything on yours yet ?

Just ordered my 2013 Limited mid June. Hearing 12 weeks for delivery.

KanewtZ, Did you hear anything on yours yet ?

Called the Dealership yesterday. Still saying Mid June.

According my VIN which I used to get my Window Sticker, the build date was July 1, 2012.

I PM'd Cory but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Does anyone know if he is away?

Registered @ SyncMyRide yesterday.

Today when I logged in, it said could not verify SYNC was installed on the vehicle with the VIN I provided.

Strange :/

Cory gets a ton of emails on various forums, probably just trying to work through them. He'll get back to you, not to worry...

Welcome! :wavey:

Welcome to the forums, KanewtZ! We have have a 13 XLT on order and can't wait. The forums have been really helpful and lots of fun looking at everyone's pics...
Yours is in production as we type, Toddy! :D

Matt, I chose the platinum white as well, but went with stone interior! My 2013 is on order and should be here by first of August (I ordered 6/8), it's my first Ford too, but my husband has a Ford Truck. I am very excited and as Tom Petty's song says..."The waiting is the hardest part..." Enjoy the forums, there's lots of great feedback!
JUtecht,

I’m sure you’re proud to be an “American Girl.” ;)

Just ordered my 2013 Limited mid June. Hearing 12 weeks for delivery...
Congratulations on your order and welcome to the forum, pstiller! Drop me a line with your order number and dealer details and I’ll keep track of the latest status. :)

...I PM'd Cory but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Does anyone know if he is away?
KanewtZ,

Like Joe Dirt mentioned, my inbox gets swamped from time to time. I’ll shoot you a reply in the next day or so! :thumbsup:

Cory gets a ton of emails on various forums, probably just trying to work through them. He'll get back to you, not to worry...
I appreciate the confidence, Joe Dirt! :dpchug:

Cory

Thanks Cory,

I'll await your response. Please let me know what information you need...as I supplied you with the VIN

Yours is in production as we type, Toddy!

Cory, I thought our build date wasn't till the 12th?! Are we more than a pile of parts? Sorry, I had to go to work and make some moolah to pay for the big green kid on the way! I am missing all the excitement! Wooohooo!
- Toddy

Toddy, 'In Production' is a rather generic term, and I would guess it has more to do with parts allocation than anything else. Our car was marked as 'In Production' on April 5th, but wasn't actually assembled and released until April 13th. Hope that helps clear things up a bit :)

Cory, I thought our build date wasn't till the 12th?! Are we more than a pile of parts? Sorry, I had to go to work and make some moolah to pay for the big green kid on the way! I am missing all the excitement! Wooohooo!...
You’re not missing any excitement, Toddy; I wouldn’t let you! :D You’re still looking at the same time frame for production. :thumbsup:

Have you framed your window sticker yet? ;)

Toddy, 'In Production' is a rather generic term, and I would guess it has more to do with parts allocation than anything else. Our car was marked as 'In Production' on April 5th, but wasn't actually assembled and released until April 13th. Hope that helps clear things up a bit :)
Thanks for helping out, VinceL. :popcorn:

Cory

Any update on this Cory?

ETIS shows the build date as yesterday (July 9th, 2012).

When it is shipped, will it say so on ETIS?

Cheers!
Matt

Thanks Cory.

Will ETIS update to say it has been shipped? Just curious.

Cheers!
Matt

Thanks Cory. Will ETIS update to say it has been shipped? Just curious...
Matt,

I don’t have any say on that tool, but I have some great news. You might want to sit down for this. Are you sitting? Good… It’s already in transit! :D The ETA to the dealer currently shows as 07/20/2012, but that’s still subject to change.

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Cory.

Will ETIS update to say it has been shipped? Just curious.

Cheers!
Matt

If I remember correctly, Etis only gives the build date. I don't recall it ever changing from that :)

Yep, just visited the Etis page for the Gray Ghost and it still just lists the build date.

Back