0-60 in under 6.5??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

0-60 in under 6.5???

I would love to increase the acceleration of my ex... What mods can I do that will get my 0-60 times in under 6.5sec? This of course with nitrous. I was thinking:
Nitrous
Intake
Exhaust
?????
Please list some other mods that will get my 0-60 down!
Thanks,
Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

those sound like good mods to start, does anyone have a X that runs the fast? Mine runs a 14:confused:

red69... yours runs 0-60 in 14 seconds???:eek:

yup, timed it the other day, lol, it has felt slow lately but I figured it was just because I have been riding my motorcycle a lot lately so I decided to time it. Who else thinks I should be running faster? Wonder if I have a misfire or something. :rolleyes:

Mine runs 14.0 @96MPH in the 1/4.

5.0, Mac cold air intake and exhaust,100hp Nitrous works

I timed myself at around 9 or 10 seconds for 0-60.

I could be under 6.5 if I had stock sized tires.

You need at least 260+ hp to even think of being that fast with a vehicle this heavy.

OK, so I guess 0-60 in under 6.5 is possible.. Now, what other mods do I have available to me on a 98 Eddie Bauer, All wheel drive? So far we've come up with:
Intake
Exhaust
Chip
Nitrous
Gears
Keep in mind i'd like to get the car up to this speed with as little $$$ as possible. Please don't point out I could do a super charger or engine swap cause I just don't have the $$ and I don't have the know how. How hard is it to install any of the following. Right now my ex is bone stock and I have about $2000 to spend on it.. What upgrades should I make? How many HP does the 98 EB have stock?
Thanks in advance

Well that all depends on what engine you have...

he said AWD so I assume 5.0

Nope Alec,
It's the 4.0L SOHC

with gears and all the bolt ons you can get it is possible, but barely :)

210 Stock?? Wow! I wouldn't think adding an extra 60 to 70 HP would be very hard.. How much additional hp does say a 70 shot of n20 put to the rear wheels?? I hear the diablochip adds quite a bit too.. With these 2 mods alone would I be able to hit 6's?
Thanks in advance

In order to put NOS in what else has to be done to the engine to make it strong enough to hold the power?... Alec??

if you do the NOX and a chip, you will have to get a switch chip. a chip advances timing, and this is NOT GOOD for nitrous. get a switch chip, one setting advanced for no nos, and the other setting retarded a little for some extra safety. i would think the stock bottom end in the SOHC would be strong enough to handle a 60-75 shot. im not that familiar with the V6's so you better get Alec's opinion... also it depends on how you use it. if its gonna be not very often, only above 3800 or so rpms, you will be fine. if your gonna spray every other day, off the line, and hold it down to see what kind of top speed you can get ( i know an idiot that did this) then you are asking for trouble with ANY motor.

I've said this before, but here it goes:
If you use the ZEX kit, and not so often, no other mods need to be done. If you're gonna use it often you need a flip chip. The highest shot that the kit is ready for is 75. That is all you wanna do if you're gonna use it often. A "75" shot should put about 50-60 hp to the wheels. But I'd also do intake and exhaust mods for everyday power.

If you do get nitrous, I'll tell you how to use it.

See... I want more power, but I also want my warranty :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ever thought about a supercharger?

Back