• Register Today It's free!

00 sport shake

mrpeaches

Reaction score
City, State
parma, ohio (cleveland)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Sport
i know theres tons of threads about this but i think mine's different. it's been like this since we got it, we jsut didnt notice on the test drive because we (stupidly) didnt go on the freeway. over 63-65+ mph there is a shake. i can feel it in the wheel and throughout the car. there is also pulsing and vibration during stopping through the brake pedal. it went in while under the 3mo used warranty, they claimed the alignment was slightly off and was corrected, but the shake was still there when i drove it.

my thoughts are tires, wapred rotors/brakes, ujoints/driveshaft (2wd)

im going to look at it at school when i take it in for an oil change. any other ideas?

i have an 01 sport, i also have a slight shimmy at about 60-65mph but it balances out above that range, when i am driveing 70 she runs just fine.
the braking deal sounds like the ABS is going off. is the ABS dash light ? if it is get it checked out, if not it probly is a warp in the rotors, it wouldn't hurt to check them anyway.

it starts there but i dont think it goes away. and i dont think my abs actually works. the light isnt on.

Back