01-05 Sport Trac FAQs | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01-05 Sport Trac FAQs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone put a skid plate on there ST? I was looking some up I found one by superlift they guaranteed it will fit on a sport trac but I was wondering if anyone had it and if it fits with the body lift?

Has anyone put a skid plate on there ST? I was looking some up I found one by superlift they guaranteed it will fit on a sport trac but I was wondering if anyone had it and if it fits with the body lift?
The Superlift skidplate might be the one that goes with their lift kit.

I used to have the one for Rangers on my truck. But, it's more for looks than protection.

You can see the one I put on my ST that's made for the Rangers. And you can see its just thin metal and got beat up on my truck.

410705170079.jpg

thanks yeah I'm lookin for protection more than just looks so thanks for the help

Here's the Superlift skidplate. This is from a Sport Trac at SEMA 10 years ago(year 2000). But it is designed to attached to their cross beams.

The Superlift lift is not designed for hard core offroading. Me and other members here on EF have found out the hard way. Their brackets will bend under stress and the axle gets shifted towards the passenger side and then you will start breaking CV axles on the drivers side. I got stranded on an Arizona trail recently due to this issue.

sptrac_bajaskid.jpg

hey thanks a lot for all your help I tried lookin everywhere for a pic of that I guess its more show tho maybe i'll make something if i can't find one

what is the best way to get the heater core out of the ST along with the heater plenum

I have a 2001 sport trac and the tires are almost finished. Does anyone know what the maximum size of tire i can put on? Everything is stock i just want the biggest tires possible without a lift.

what is the best way to get the heater core out of the ST along with the heater plenum

Here's a couple of pics from changing the heater core on my 2000 Limited. It would be the same for the Sport Trac. It's really a sucky job to do.

11343_101501923203640_100000314975405_39202_3577647_n.jpg
11343_101501926536973_100000314975405_39203_445582_n.jpg

do you have to take off the steering wheel or could you work around it

now i see it thank you this is really helping me out first time replacing one. I drove a 91 s10 for 5 years with out a heater that was rough

that was a pain but we finally got it fixed i really appriciate the info and pics

Does anyone know how long it would take to install a 3" bodylift on my 2001 sport trac?

Does anyone know how long it would take to install a 3" bodylift on my 2001 sport trac?

Depends on who is installing it I guess. I think its been mentioned that its a 6 or 7 hour job. Some guys took them a whole weekend. I know my brotherinlaw did his in a day.

Depends on who is installing it I guess. I think its been mentioned that its a 6 or 7 hour job. Some guys took them a whole weekend. I know my brotherinlaw did his in a day.

Alright thanks, Would you happen to know what size of tires your brotherinlaw put on and if it was a 3'' lift?

He put 33x12.5. He also did a tortion twist/shackle lift but the 3" lift alone is enough to fit that tire size.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rear Window Init Procedure

I went through the standard Init Procedure with mixed results and I am hoping you, or others can assist.

I purchased a used '02 V6 Explorer Sport Trac - loving it. Successfully reset the keyfob, so I assumed that perhaps running this initialization might activate my seemingly dead rear window. It did, but when I turn off the vehicle after running the procedure the window is 'dead' again. It did this twice so I gave up.

As additional background info, the keyless entry pad seems to recognize the factory code, but does not reprogram or even lock/unlock. Could it be these are both related? I have checked all fuses, both the driver box and the engine box, but all are OK.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Back