01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion | Page 36 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion

Rebel, im pretty close to you outside Pittsburgh I believe, if you feel up to supervising I got the beer :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone done the superlift in only the front and a spring over axle in the rear to make the lift cheaper? Would this not look level?

It would be a little higher in the rear (depending on how worn out your rear leafsprings are) but there's a bunch of members that have done it. Most of them have 2nd Gen Explorers though ('95-01).

Wow, how did I not see your questions pitpop357. Sorry man, been really busy with physical therapy and everything else in life right now. Where do you live again? Did you get the BL installed?

I know this has been beating over the head bit can anybody ruffly tell me factory height from ground to the bottom of the fenders on a 4wd? I have 04 adrenaline with 285/75/16 and im trying to figure out were to start as far as doing the tt/add a leaf and eventually doing a bl.

I know this has been beating over the head bit can anybody ruffly tell me factory height from ground to the bottom of the fenders on a 4wd? I have 04 adrenaline with 285/75/16 and im trying to figure out were to start as far as doing the tt/add a leaf and eventually doing a bl.

Post a picture of you truck and I will get that info for you, I have an 04 Adrenalin as well and am thinking of that tire size.

34" front and 36" rear. Stock on 255/75/16

Hello I want to lift my sport trac to get some clearance but don't want anything crazy maybe 31s under it...what's the best lift option?

Hello I want to lift my sport trac to get some clearance but don't want anything crazy maybe 31s under it...what's the best lift option?

Put the tires on. Twist the torsion bolts until you're at the desired height. Get an alignment.

At best, you're gaining .5" clearance if you currently have the larger stock 255/70R16 tires. If clearance is truly your goal and not looks, you may be disappointed. That's roughly the size of your thumbnail. Curbs won't even become easier.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Forum Runner

Yep, if you have the 255/70/16 = 30x10x16, you can go up to a 265/70/16 = roughly 31x10.5x16 with no lift needed.

Put the tires on. Twist the torsion bolts until you're at the desired height. Get an alignment.

At best, you're gaining .5" clearance if you currently have the larger stock 255/70R16 tires. If clearance is truly your goal and not looks, you may be disappointed. That's roughly the size of your thumbnail. Curbs won't even become easier.

So what would you recommend as far as lifts instead of a TT

Nope, ran this size my '03 ST for a couple years with no rubbing.

So what would you recommend as far as lifts instead of a TT

My point was more that the tires are what will give you a change in ground clearance. The "lift" won't change ground clearance, just give you more room for bigger tires. A 4" lift with 31" tires gives you the same ground clearance as 31" tires with no lift.

Can some one tell me everything they know about body lifts and how it will look,and if my tow hitch will still look okay thanks

Look through the lifted sport tracs picture thread.

Look through the pictures in my signature linked below.

Can some one tell me everything they know about body lifts and how it will look,and if my tow hitch will still look okay thanks

Also if your worried about that, look through John Rocks old posts. He raised the hitch mounting points after the body lift to make it look stock again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

TT/Shackles + 3"BL on 35x12.50-17s. The black ST next to me is on 33x13.50s. The gap really isn't that bad, maybe 2" to the top of the receiver since most hitches have a little room for adjustment.

f413c7a1.jpg

8917-4D7E-A2F1-D48E6DF1D1A0-41847-000027ADB4873C79.jpg

52d8c938.jpg

Back