01 Explorer Sport Tires and Lift help!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01 Explorer Sport Tires and Lift help!!

I have an 01 Explorer sport 4x2 and want to put on maybe some 31s or so and maybe just a body lift at minimal and NO trimming. i Also really want the tires to stick out wide so the roll will be slightly decresed. Any body have and suggestions of what i shoud do not really worried aobut to much height just wider stance kinda and really want sumthing in the 30s. Anything?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome!

Have you looked at the fitment FAQ at the top of this forum?

Yea ive looked at the fitment thing but doesnt talk much about wide wheels and tires and possible spacers.

can sumone maybe let me know if 32 by 12.5 will fit with just a TT and shackles and if so how can i do it to have a wide stance

ericradford01 .....hey there AIKEN!! im in Myrtle Beach, lemme know if you have any question or need a hand with anything! :chug:

Hey matt u think u could squeeze sum 32s on urs with that shackle TT lift?
just see ing i really want to

ericradford01 said:
Hey matt u think u could squeeze sum 32s on urs with that shackle TT lift?
just see ing i really want to

On Matt's truck, 32's would be a stretch. Your 3rd Gen Sport has larger wheel wells than mine and matt's (my fender flairs eat up even more room)

I'll stick my neck out and say that you could probably squeeze 'em in there if you're only doing muddin' South Cackilacky style. Might get some rub at full compression and turning, just don't get wheels with a crazy offset b/c that'll just make any rubbing issues worse.

MattStarr said:
ericradford01 .....hey there AIKEN!! im in Myrtle Beach, lemme know if you have any question or need a hand with anything! :chug:

LoL... thats too funny... By "give you a hand," Matt really means, "Hey Hokie, can you do this for me? Hey Hokie, can you fix my XM (over the phone) for me? Hey Hokie, can you install a body lift for me? Hey Hokie, can you come up here and show me how to party and puke off the boat from too much moonshine..." oh wait, I guess I could show him up on that one. haha

32 would fit, but they would definately rub and need trimming, it would be too messed up.. 31's are the max my man....

Hokie, its 620 and i just stopped drinking now!!! top that my man!!! come here and party!!!

Hey guys how bout this if i get 31s how wide can i get um i want sum wide ass tires that stick out so let me kno

I'd suggest getting 31x10.5's and just getting some new rims that have less backspacing. That would stick them out a little farther than a stock rim would, and you wouldn't have to do any trimming or get a lift. Just my 2 cents.

j602 said:
I'd suggest getting 31x10.5's and just getting some new rims that have less backspacing. That would stick them out a little farther than a stock rim would, and you wouldn't have to do any trimming or get a lift. Just my 2 cents.
This isn't exactly true. Sticking tires out, or "wide ass tires", are hard to fit without lifting. Sticking with 31x10.5s on stock rims may fit without trimming, but that will vary from vehicle to vehicle. Putting the same tires on some 15x8s with 3.75s would be optimal, and lessen your chance of rubbing.

That's pretty much what I was saying ;)

Robb said:
Putting the same tires on some 15x8s with 3.75s would be optimal, and lessen your chance of rubbing.

Lessen your chances of rubbing the sway bar, yes
Less wheel offset would probably increase your chances of rubbing the body if you don't have much of lift

So how bout sum one just tell me the best way to get 31s or 32s with rims with less backspacing fit i guess with a TT aal and shackles and by the way mine is 2wd so can i twist the TT more or what i dont want to do any trimming.

265/75/r16 should fit fine(32x 10.5), the new ex's are higher in the front. if you do shackles and AAL that will give you 3 inches. and in the front i really wouldn't go over 2" with a TT... not sure about wider tires

i will get some pics up, but ive got an 01 sport with 31x10.50-15s on my stock 15x7's. I tell ya, the wheelwells swallow those tires, i really should have gone bigger. we do have a little larger wheel well than the older older ones(it seems). there are two guys up here in boone that have 265-75-16s (31.8 dia) on stock rims. i think both are 98/99 sports. one has NO lift the other has TT/shackle lift only. the guy with the lift had to a tiny bit of trimming in the front but nothing major. i think he put a post up here about it and people were really shocked. ive seen it in person, its a tight fit but looks great.
The guy with no lift, his tires looked crammed in there with zero room for flex. but anyway, seeing how small the 31's look on mine, i was half tempted to test fit some 265's or 32's...which i know would fit...the 32's might need the TT/shackle since i believe its a full 32" vs 31.8 of the 265's as well as being wider.. I will get some pics of the fitment on mine if ya want them.

yea man def would like to see sum pictures if u find my last post i got in sum really bad troubl etonight with not wide enough tires so i def want wider rims and lower backspacing so i dunno how much i can do

looks good osker..15x8's and TT/shackles are my next step.good to see what its gonna look like. Do ya see what i mean, the 31's look almost small in under our x's. 32's would be tight but they would fit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i just read sumone had a ranger with 32in BFG ATs with no problem and im doung a TTshackle lift on a newer sport 01. Could this be possible they are 11.5 i think ?

Back