questions on 15X10s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

questions on 15X10s

i have a 94 sport and i really want to run 15X10s. i was considering getting the skyjacker 6 inch lift. i know that 8 inch rims would fit with no modifacations but i want a wide stance, and i want the 10s for the deep dish look. what modifications would i have to do to the truck to accomadate the 10 inch rims? i know that trimming the wheel wells would work, but is there any other alternative? ive seen 10 inch rims on explorers and the body was left untouched, is the 6 inch lift enough for the front tires to clear with the 10 inch rims? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i forgot to mention, i want to run 33x12.50 tires

You should be able to clear the 33s with the 15X10 rim without a problem. I've heard of people goin with only the 5.5" lift and running 35s with some minor trimming so you should be fine. And alot of it depends on the offset that the wheels have. The most common is around 3.75 i think. hope this helps and maybe someone with pesronal experience can chime in too.:rolleyes:

Im running 33x12.5x15 on 15x8's with 5 inches of lift. I had to trim alot and they still rub but my wheel backspacing is 3and5/16. Id say if you go with a backspacing of 3.75 or 4 you will be ok. Maybe a little trimming.

I run a 31x12.5 thornbird on 15x10 with a 3 inch lift. And the only trimming I did was about 1 inch oval on the front spoiler. And had no rubbing at all even at flex. So you should be fine with the set up you want. I like the wide stance too.

"I run a 31x12.5 thornbird on 15x10 with a 3 inch lift. And the only trimming I did was about 1 inch oval on the front spoiler. And had no rubbing at all even at flex. So you should be fine with the set up you want. I like the wide stance too."

What is the backspacing of your rims?

The backspacing of mine are 3.75. Which is the most common backspacing that I have found.

Back