01 XLS 4.0 fuel problem, please help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01 XLS 4.0 fuel problem, please help!

eg6imola

Reaction score
City, State
Osceola, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLS
Like I said, 2001 XLS with 4.0 SOHC, the CEL has been on for a couple weeks, and a local shop told me I needed a new pulse damper and #6 injector, so I replaced them both and now the truck runs even worse. There is fuel leaking out of the port on the fuel rail, and I don't have any idea where to go from here...

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

are you saying it is leaking out of the schrader valve? If so just buy another one, screw out the old and in with the new.

Or if the core is the same as a tire valve core then screw in a new tire valve core. i am sure somebody here knows if a tire valve core will work or not?

Yes, it is leaking from the schreader valve. Thanks for the info, I didn't even think of that for some reason. I tried starting it again, and this time it was actual spraying fuel all over the engine, fan, battery, etc. I got pretty freaked out.

Does anyone happen to know what pressure the fuel system should run at, and also am I correct in obseerving that this is a returnless system?

Back