99 ford explorer xlt 4.0 fuel problem or tranny | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 ford explorer xlt 4.0 fuel problem or tranny

dbalzer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 ford explorer xlt 4.0
My truck was running great. The check engine light came on and it was still running great. Didn't think nothing of the light. Then 2 months later it started running horrible like it wasn't getting fuel and the tranny was slipping. And wants to die while idleing in gear. But in park its fine. put new pump and filter on it and still the same problems. But now it's running really rough I mean mean it feels like the the engine is gonna jump out and run down the I don't know where to go from here I know several car people and some say fuses some say tranny some say sugar in the gas tank. I don't have the money to be throwing in to this is there anybody that know what to if I can hook a computer up to it will it help

I would check for a vacuum leak. Not idling in gear is a symptom of that. I have seen the big vacuum hose that goes to the power brake booster develop a hole in it. I've also seen the elbow at the booster go bad as well. Just somewhere to start...

Welcome to the forum:chug:

2001 Ford Expl Sprt Trk

2001 Ford Expl Sport Track is dying when I stop and it is in gear. Does anyone know the problem and also what is a "SHIFT CORRECTION KIT"?

Back