'05 Ex: Coolant Leak after Stuck? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'05 Ex: Coolant Leak after Stuck?

BWilliams

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, NY (home) // Rochester, NY (school)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 XLT Sport
Well, I got back home from college last night to find a bunch of snow in my driveway. In my infinite wisdom, I decided to plow through it, and got my front end buried in a foot and a half drift.

I managed to get myself out, but now, I'm convinced I have a coolant leak somewhere... there's spots of coolant in the snow under my truck and if I move it, there are spots coming from somewhere. It doesn't appear to leak when parked, though.

Anybody have any suggestions where it's coming from? I'm going to go poking around, but I'd love it if someone had a more directed suggestion.

Thanks.

Are you certain you didn't overheat the car trying to get it unstuck? That's very possible and you may have puked out some coolant. Otherwise, I would inspect the bottom of the radiator and lower hose to see if you have damaged anything.

Are you certain you didn't overheat the car trying to get it unstuck? That's very possible and you may have puked out some coolant.

I didn't see the temp gauge climb much... it didn't really take much to get unstuck, just some clever shoveling and a couple hard revs, so it didn't have much of an opportunity to overheat, especially with it being like 10F out that night.

Otherwise, I would inspect the bottom of the radiator and lower hose to see if you have damaged anything.

Yeah, I looked and didn't see anything. It's going into the dealer for a cooling system inspection on Monday morning -- 50 bucks is worth the piece of mind for me to know that any/all leaks have been found.

Thanks, CG.

Back