• Register Today It's free!

05 Explorer P0775 code

Tom Hanshew

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma City, Ok
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Eplorer XLT
Hey guys. My niece bought an 05 Explorer and has the dreaded P0775 code. It shifts through the gears when I drive it slowly but with heavy acceleration it doesn't want to shift to 3rd, sometimes redlining. I changed out both servo's with the AJ1 servo kit( What are the orings for?) retorqued the bands and changed the filter with new fluid with no luck. I bought a new solenoid block and compared it to the old one and the ohms read the exact same on both so I'm hesitating on changing the solenoid block. Am I missing something or should I go ahead and change the block even though it read out good?

Hey guys. My niece bought an 05 Explorer and has the dreaded P0775 code. It shifts through the gears when I drive it slowly but with heavy acceleration it doesn't want to shift to 3rd, sometimes redlining. I changed out both servo's with the AJ1 servo kit( What are the orings for?) retorqued the bands and changed the filter with new fluid with no luck. I bought a new solenoid block and compared it to the old one and the ohms read the exact same on both so I'm hesitating on changing the solenoid block. Am I missing something or should I go ahead and change the block even though it read out good?
sometime they can be bad even if they test good. if you dont want to, i wonder if testing line perssure to see if its adequate, who knows maybe it aint the solenoids!

Well the code is for the solenoid I would go ahead and replace it. I think mine was throwing that code and it did the same thing - no 3rd but if you revved the engine to gain speed then laid off the gas it would go into 4th. I had no desire to play in the trans so I paid a dude a lot of money and he refurbed it. From what I've read about it since then, do the servos and the solenoid together. My guy said these 05's are rock solid but for the transmissions.

Back