'05 Jamboree Confirmation Thread | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'05 Jamboree Confirmation Thread

SoBeLover said:

I'd prefer to come up on Friday night, but it all depends on Mike and when he's coming up..........Tell Saera I'll try to bring some SoBe too :D I also left a voice mail message on Mike's cell asking him to contact me in order to confirm whether he's going or not

Sandy, i think thats the best plan, but i dont know if my 'rentals will agree with that..make sure mike is comming up...because if he isnt i'll beat him to a bloody pulp...and i'm gonna bring a ton of sobe if i can get away with it....lol..so i guess we should get matt to look at hotels seeing he is mr. wants-to-know-it-all...:p

Saera

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fordexplorer157 said:
Issac, Post my Nextel ID #. Cause I dont know mine
178*17774*7

I will be there most likely just for Sat. so no need to count me as far as rooms go.

I still need to get in touch with Karl_Burns, Josh (93xltVt), Mike from NH (93xltexplod), 96xltexplorer, one Mike from CT (DirtDemon85), and make sure JimOfWare, the other Mike from CT (rfuree11) and Fred are coming.

So far I've confirmed with John (DeRocha), Matt, Aaron, Sandy (if rfuree gets time off!!), Saera, and possibly Brian (Tele-Trac) and wife, David (aren't you...?), and 2 of Twisted1's buddies in his place. Long shots might be Trunkmonkey who has a rally the weekend prior or Nick26.

Hey I got a question for you. I will be coming up with my wife and there are a couple of people on this board being complete ASSHOES and to make a long story short have a problem believing my wife is who she is.
wlell when we all meet then maybe you can post on the board that you did in fact meet her and she is who she is..

thanks.

Don't sweat it. If they are in NEx and are being jerks then the door is right there for them to open and leave.

davidmmm69 said:
Hey I got a question for you. I will be coming up with my wife and there are a couple of people on this board being complete ASSHOES and to make a long story short have a problem believing my wife is who she is.
wlell when we all meet then maybe you can post on the board that you did in fact meet her and she is who she is..

thanks.

Trust me, David; if you've been in the chat much, you'll see assholism often. If they're rude, offensive, and disrespectful, be sure to let Rick know! I've dealt with him before and he's a very fair guy. Anyways, I've met with most everyone planning to come and can assure you they're polite individuals.

On an unrelated note, I heard from Mike M (rfuree11) that he was unable to get the days off from work, so he can't come. Sandy, you'll want to find another way up if you plan to come. Train, bus, etc? Don't feel bad for Kita if you can't make it; we have a plan B.

Prez.

can someone PLEASE saw rfuree11's boss' head off?????????

izackary said:
Trust me, David; if you've been in the chat much, you'll see assholism often. If they're rude, offensive, and disrespectful, be sure to let Rick know! I've dealt with him before and he's a very fair guy. Anyways, I've met with most everyone planning to come and can assure you they're polite individuals.

On an unrelated note, I heard from Mike M (rfuree11) that he was unable to get the days off from work, so he can't come. Sandy, you'll want to find another way up if you plan to come. Train, bus, etc? Don't feel bad for Kita if you can't make it; we have a plan B.

Prez.

Well, it bites that Mike can't make it. :(

But good news!! :D

I took Ike's suggestion and made a reservation to come up by train. I just need to have someone pick me up which Ike said should be no problem.

I'll be arriving by Amtrak on the 56 Vermonter service. I will leave Berlin, CT at 1:55 PM on the afternoon of August 5th and arrive in Essex Junction at 8:44 PM that night.

I'm excited as anything!! I've never traveled by train before which is an adventure in itself. I'll just have to make sure I bring a book, since it's an almost 7 hour trip. I can't wait to meet all of you

In order to get back Monday night it looks like I'd have to leave at 9:00 AM Monday morning since that is the only time a train is heading back to Connecticut so it looks like I'd miss the Monday wheeling trip if that's still happening....oh well, I guess you can't have it all

Laters all

YAY now we dont have to kill anybody!!! YAY!!! if it's anything like traveling by bus yes you will need a book and headphones..we still gonna split a room?? that would be awesome fun!!!! TTUL!!!

Saera

SoBeLover said:
Well, it bites that Mike can't make it. :(

But good news!! :D

I took Ike's suggestion and made a reservation to come up by train. I just need to have someone pick me up which Ike said should be no problem.

I'll be arriving by Amtrak on the 56 Vermonter service. I will leave Berlin, CT at 1:55 PM on the afternoon of August 5th and arrive in Essex Junction at 8:44 PM that night.

I'm excited as anything!! I've never traveled by train before which is an adventure in itself. I'll just have to make sure I bring a book, since it's an almost 7 hour trip. I can't wait to meet all of you

In order to get back Monday night it looks like I'd have to leave at 9:00 AM Monday morning since that is the only time a train is heading back to Connecticut so it looks like I'd miss the Monday wheeling trip if that's still happening....oh well, I guess you can't have it all

Laters all

RockOfAges said:
We still gonna split a room?? that would be awesome fun!!!! TTUL!!!

Saera

You bet!! I just need a list of what I need to bring (besides clothes and money) and still manage to keep it within what I can take in two carry-on bags and leave my backpack for my personal items, like books, CDs and player, camera. medication, etc

Was checking local hotels for prices and the best bargain that I can see is the Holiday Inn in South Burlington. It has an indoor pool and cost for a 3 day stay if the wheeling trip goes as planned is $112.00 on Friday & Saturday, & $88.00 on Sunday which averages out to $103.96 a day for the three days for a room with two double beds and up to 5 people in a room.

If the wheeling trip goes as planned for Monday, I could stay but it would mean my getting a room for a fourth night or possibly bunking down at someone's house who is close and making sure they can get me to the train station by 8 AM on the 9th, so please let me know what's going on so make proper reservations can be made and so I can book my return trip home.

SoBeLover said:

I just need a list of what I need to bring...

Sunscreen and a hat most definitley.

V8BoatBuilder said:
Sunscreen and a hat most definitley.

Of course I'm bringing sunscreen Aaron. I burn kinda of easily, plus I NEVER go out in the sun for extended times without a hat, I'm very prone to sunstroke/heat exhaustion See ya soon!

*makes note reminding herself to find one of her SoBe hats*

then book it dude....i'll go for what sandy said..but i'll only be there 1 nite i think...2 nights max because my boss is killing me already....

Fordexplorer157 said:
Looks like the Holiday inn might be the one

Post-Jamboree Wheeling

Ok... VT has lots of ClassIV and VI roads, public "trails" that can be wheeled. Matt and I would love to take Sunday night and camp out, and then wheel on Monday.

Who's interested? Also, we need to find some roads/trails! Any ideas?

However, 15Explorer1 by Rig, will not be off roading

V8BoatBuilder said:
Ok... VT has lots of ClassIV and VI roads, public "trails" that can be wheeled. Matt and I would love to take Sunday night and camp out, and then wheel on Monday.

Who's interested? Also, we need to find some roads/trails! Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fordexplorer157 said:
However, 15Explorer1 by Rig, will not be off roading
Sissy. I'll see if I can get that Monday off. If so, I may be in so I can get a real feel for the mudz. :cool:

-Prez

Back