4-Wheel Jamboree in Essex Jct, VT!! 8/6/05-8/7/05 | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4-Wheel Jamboree in Essex Jct, VT!! 8/6/05-8/7/05

V8BoatBuilder said:
It was a great time - and super easy to get to. 89 is a beautiful road to travel on.

All of us drove up and back seperatly, the only convoys happened up in Essex.

well I had worked Friday night and got home around noon time on saturday that is why i was hoping to do it that way...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok after having experienced the jamboree first hand I'm thinking next year we should plan for the same kind of weekend (wheeling on Saturday and the Jamboree on Sunday). IMO this mix worked out very well as 2 days of the jamboree could be overkill. I'm also plaining on bringing the family unit next year as they would enjoy the festivities as well.

I totally agree with you. It was the best. Now everyone post some damn pictures.

What a wonderful time I had!! Coming up by train was an adventure (it was my first time traveling anywhere by other than car or bus) and looking at the beautiful Vermont countryside as the train made it's way to Essex Junction was a definite treat for a city girl like me. I'll have to agree with Aaron and John that 89 is a nice road to travel on. I can't add anymore than John did about the South Station bus terminal except to say it's huge!

I'll have to agree with John that we should do the same thing for next year, go wheeling on Saturday and the Jamboree on Sunday

If everything goes right next year I'll have my new truck and I'll be driving up myself and bringing my youngest girl, my oldest has no interest in this stuff at all.

I'm glad that I decided to take Isaac's advice and go up by train....otherwise I wouldn't have gotten to meet and make friends with such a wonderful bunch of people who up to this weekend I've only chatted online with......hugs to all of you ........can't wait for next year!

I went up there also to get away from the stress of city life......and that was the best thing I could have done it was so quiet and peaceful....I came home tired but refreshed in spirit. But I really didn't want to come home :(

As a matter of fact it got me seriously thinking of moving up there in the near future, I did however promise my youngest girl she could finish middle school first before we moved, plus have to save for moving expenses, right?

Anyway, here are the pics:

The first two were shot at the Holiday Inn in South Burlington which is 3.6 miles from Essex Junction they are at two different angles

17867Showing_Off_The_Trucks.jpg

17867Showing_Off_The_Trucks_-_2.jpg

Before we went wheeling Aaron had to put on his skidplate that covers his transfer case.

17867Attaching_The_Skidplate.jpg

The adventure begins as Aaron starts up the trail

17867The_Adventure_Begins.jpg

And John brings up the rear

17867Bringing_Up_The_Rear.jpg

Aaron goes through a water pit.....watch that water and mud fly!!

17867Sending_The_Water_Flying.jpg

And John is the next to go:

17867Our_Turn_Now.jpg

The guys exploring the trail ahead for obstacles:

17867Exploring_The_Trail_Ahead.jpg

John being spotted as he crawls over the rocks:

17867A_Little_Assistance_For_Climbing_The_Rocks.jpg

This last pic is of a cool truck I saw when we went to drop off Isaac's Explorer to have the wheels realigned:

17867Cool_Rig_.jpg

Can't wait to see Saera's and John's pics, they had way more than me....I really need to get a memory card for my digital camera

I like those mudhole shots!

Isaac: "Just gas it."
Me: "I'm not a 'gas-it' kind of 'wheeler. Tread Lightly!"
(I rev the engine and charge through)
Isaac: "What did you just do?"
Me: "I gassed it."

V8BoatBuilder said:
I like those mudhole shots!

Isaac: "Just gas it."
Me: "I'm not a 'gas-it' kind of 'wheeler. Tread Lightly!"
(I rev the engine and charge through)
Isaac: "What did you just do?"
Me: "I gassed it."
Wasn't that me? :p

izackary said:
Wasn't that me? :p

Oops... silly me. My memory must be slipping from all the brake cleaner I've sprayed this year. :fart: :banghead:

I edited the post.

Im sorry i didnt make it, one of my old girlfriends who moved away came home and i gave her a ride and stayed at her house all week end ( ;) ) which is actually in Bethal VT, i dunno how close i actually was but we im jelous that u guys went on the trails 2 haha whens the next vt trip? im prob goin back up 2 visit all this weekend from saterday morn til tuesday morn... lol definatly sorry i missed it though :(

DirtDemon85 said:
Im sorry i didnt make it, one of my old girlfriends who moved away came home and i gave her a ride and stayed at her house all week end ( ;) ) which is actually in Bethal VT, i dunno how close i actually was but we im jelous that u guys went on the trails 2 haha whens the next vt trip? im prob goin back up 2 visit all this weekend from saterday morn til tuesday morn... lol definatly sorry i missed it though :(
You were off Exit 3...we went straight up to exit 14 in Burlington. (Only another 60 miles.) I'm headed up this weekend...wanna hit a mud spot this Sunday?

At the Holiday inn showing the difference between Off-Road vs Street.. Now you know why I was worried about not having fender flares....
182052005_Jamboree_02_WEB-med.jpg

Here we are at the trail head ready to get underway.
182052005_Jamboree_03_WEB-med.jpg

Off the beaten track. We stumbled across this area after traversing the 1st trail. It didn't lead too far and appeared to be slated for some development in the future... That's Matt in Aaron's Mounty and Isaac and Sara near my rig.
182052005_Jamboree_04_WEB-med.jpg

Saddled up and ready to continue. In Aaron's Mounty: Matt, Isaac, Ezra (Isaac's brother and photographer). In my XLT: The "S" girls Sara and Sandy..
182052005_Jamboree_05_WEB-med.jpg

This photo was taken in a clearing near the infamous school bus in the woods.
182052005_Jamboree_06_WEB-med.jpg

Here we lined up the rigs for a group photo shoot. The only problem we encountered was Aaron's intermittent CB... It was squawky 70% of the time...
182052005_Jamboree_10_group_pic_WEB-med.jpg

From left to right: Me, Sandy, Sara, Isaac, Matt, and Aaron.
182052005_Jamboree_09_group_pic_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_07_group_pic_WEB-med.jpg

That's about it for my wheeling pics (its hard to wheel and take pics at the same time). I have 35+ pics to upload from the Jamboree and will post later tonight...

Thanks for the pictures John. I am probably gonna make another NEX slide show. Did you resize them at all? Cant wait to see more pics! Hint Hint Saera & Issac!!!!!!!!!

Fordexplorer157 said:
Thanks for the pictures John. I am probably gonna make another NEX slide show. Did you resize them at all? Cant wait to see more pics! Hint Hint Saera & Issac!!!!!!!!!

Double hint you two :D Saera, you can also send them to me if you want at sobelover@explorerforum.com

Fordexplorer157 said:

Yes Matt I did re-size the pics... I scanned them at 200dpi at full size so the originals are about 1800x1600. I also cropped some of the pics when uploading to save space...

182052005_Jamboree_v01_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v02_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v03_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v04_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v05_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v06_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v07_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v08_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v09_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v10_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v11_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v12_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v13_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v14_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v15_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v16_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v17_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v18_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v19_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v20_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v21_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v22_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v23_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v24_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v25_WEB-med.jpg

182052005_Jamboree_v26_WEB-med.jpg

Here is a pic of the Rancho Vendor display..Many of the big name vendors just had displays with literature on their products. I believe Aaron got the very last Cast Hi-Lift jack, right guys :D
182052005_Jamboree_v27_WEB-med.jpg

Guys! It was the last Hi-Lift!!!!

Great shots John!

Back