1" Heat Spacer Install- 5.0 GT-40 ( Upper Plennum Removal and Replacement) | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1" Heat Spacer Install- 5.0 GT-40 ( Upper Plennum Removal and Replacement)

Mods, You think it might be helpful to add the correct p/n somewhere on the first page? Just as a helpful tool for future people wanting to install this spacer but don't want to read all the threads to page 4. I know posts 5,6 and 7 talks about the bolt lengths and i think around posts 11 & 12 talks about ordering the spacer from summit.

Anyway, I spoke to a rep from summit and they have sent me an electronic ups shipping order to send it back to them free of charge. Once they see movement on the wrong part they sent, then they'll send me the correct part.

Thanks for all the help!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You guys are making me nervous because all my parts are at Jon's place in Kansas. I followed this thread and got this spacer from Summit.

I've got a very small window of opportunity this summer to get these on and if the bolts aren't right, it could mess things up. Can anyone confirm or deny that I got the right/wrong ones? Jonny, any chance you could have a look at the bolts and guess if they're the right ones? (I know you asked me the question a few days ago, but I'd rather be safe than sorry).

You ordered the correct one for our intakes (cobra). I learned I had ordered the wrong one after I had already received it. Oh well, lesson learned!

That's the one I ordered.

Whew, one less thing to worry about. Now I have to figure out where to source that "t-fitting" that every says they break when they put TMH in.

Thanks for the confirmation. I was certain I got the right spacer.

Can someone provide me with the exact Summit racing part number for this spacer kit?

Is this the one?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tfs-51520020/overview/

For some reason, Summit racing doesn't list any of the trick flow spacers as a match for my 2000 Mountaineer. I just want to be sure I'm buying the correct one for my truck.

Also, what about the EGR tube? Where can I find an extension for that?

Bumping an old thread but thinking about ordering one of these TFS-51520018 from Summit Racing. Shouldn't be any problems with bolts and from what I've read I won't need any extra parts? For 80 bucks I figure why not

Bumping an old thread but thinking about ordering one of these TFS-51520018 from Summit Racing. Shouldn't be any problems with bolts and from what I've read I won't need any extra parts? For 80 bucks I figure why not

jconnway

Have you done or are planning on doing any engine mods other than this? I've been thinking about doing this to my bone stock '99 5.0. All of the threads I've read so far seem to have done this in addition to TMH, etc. I haven't seen any reports of doing this mod alone.

Anyone who has done this mod only? Please speak up!

Thanks in Advance,

^Just got my truck. The only engine mod I've done is a Mac Intake but that wouldn't factor into this install at all... No headers here.

If you do install the spacer please report back with any changes you notice.

Thanks,

Would this have any effect at all on smog tests? I'm in California with pretty strict regulations.

For anyone looking to do this but struggling to make the EGR fit: Edelbrock sells a spacer that worked perfectly for me. It's part number 8025, and threads directly into the exhaust manifold. I installed a new solid EGR tube (the stock corrugated one was wrecked) and the valve lined directly up with the port on the intake adapter.
edl-8025_w_ml.jpg

Back