• Register Today It's free!

1" lift on 32's?

renzAy34134

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Myers Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I know there is a thread on lifts and max tire sizes but there isnt really one for 4th gens at least that I could find. Will a 1" lift fit 32" tires on stock 17" rims? I have 5.5 inches of lift but I am planning on taking out my truxxx lift and actually lowering it by 2inches thus only leavng my 3" body lift which will in turn have me lifted 1" above stockish? Will my 32" tires still fit? I dont mind a touch of rubbong since the tires are almost shot and I will be taking off the body lift and putting my 24" rims back on. Any advice will be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know there is a thread on lifts and max tire sizes but there isnt really one for 4th gens at least that I could find. Will a 1" lift fit 32" tires on stock 17" rims? I have 5.5 inches of lift but I am planning on taking out my truxxx lift and actually lowering it by 2inches thus only leavng my 3" body lift which will in turn have me lifted 1" above stockish? Will my 32" tires still fit? I dont mind a touch of rubbong since the tires are almost shot and I will be taking off the body lift and putting my 24" rims back on. Any advice will be appreciated.

I am sure they'll still fit...though I don't know what you mean when you say you'll only be lifted only 1" over stock with the 3" body lift. Unless you mean that the 32's give you 1" more ground clearance or lift over stock tires. That doesn't really matter when talking tire clearance...the suspension still flexes and rides at the same height regardless of what size tires are on there. The wheel spacers might need to come off though...you'll have to try and see.

He said hes removing the truxx spacers and then lowering the truck 2" with (i'm assuming) drop springs. The truck would look pretty weird honestly, because you should have no problems clearing those 32s at stock ride height(no bodylift, no lowering springs)

He said hes removing the truxx spacers and then lowering the truck 2" with (i'm assuming) drop springs. The truck would look pretty weird honestly, because you should have no problems clearing those 32s at stock ride height(no bodylift, no lowering springs)

whoops, missed the "lowering" bit. Understand now

Yea I figured once the tires go bald Ill be putting back on my rims. Since Ill have the struts out (truxxx lift coming off on thursday)I figured to do everything at once and not have to take them back out to lower the x.

Yea ronin the wheel spacers will deff have to come off. They rubbed with the truxxx lift with wheel spacers ALOT.

Back