16 inch wheels | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

16 inch wheels

Ive been searching the site for days trying to find out what wheels will fit my stock 99 sport. ive tried to buy a bunch of different kinds and the shops tell me they wont fit i have 16 inch stock wheels now with 2557016 tires just want my new ones to sit farther out towards edge of flares. i want black wheels like the crager soft 8 in a 16 x 7 or 8 am staying with stock tire size just a all terrain tire I guess all the tire shops around me go by the book and wont order me what i want THanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sometimes when i tire shops say that a certain wheel you want "wont fit" its because they dont have that wheel but do have a wheel that you didnt even mention that they would like to unload on you. there are tons of wheels that are out there that

not that at all they look in there book and it says that rim wont fit and that they wont sell it to me

they just said in the book they wont fit said they would rub. even the ones i posted link for if i put in my vehicle it says they wont fit

Ok i found out what fits I put 1.5 spacers on now I can show the tire shop the rims I want will fit

Most tire shops won't work on your truck if you rub wheel spacers.

Most tire shops won't work on your truck if you rub wheel spacers.

I dont let them anyway I just buy my rims and tires from a local guy than I take home and mount and balance

I went with 1.5 inch spacers with stock wheels and 2557016 tires it gives me 3 inch backspace have no rubbing in fender wells ill worry about rims later when i find 3 inch back space ones

Back