• Register Today It's free!

1973 Bronco Exaust..Please Read

XLT_66

Reaction score
City, State
GO TEXAS TECH
Year, Model & Trim Level
P.O.S. Mitsu Diamante
I need some help on what exaust to recommend my brother. He has a 1973 Bronco Ranger with a High Output 302. He has the money, and the time, all he needs is suggestions. This is what i have suggested-tried and true

James Duff Long Tube Headers
to some sort of crossover, h or x...i can't decide
to some flowmaster 40 series dumped under the ride.

I would like to take a vote on what you guys think. i know that james t has a classic bronco, but anyone else who might think of some better headers to throw on there...i would much appreciated it..

Throw me a whole exuast system...more the merrier...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

unless he's making serious hp, there is no need for the longtubes. they are nice, however. i have the exhaust dumping over the rearend with no visible exit. ive got 2.5" duals with 40 flows on mine. but then again, i need it with a 351W and a slightly lumpy cam.

what type of crossover are you running? x or h? What othe headers would you recommend? I just like the way the longtubes sound, and since Duff offers them for a pretty good price, i figure why not. They look great, sound great, and they should last.

So, Duff Longtubes (ceramic coated)
H-Pipe to 2.5" Flowmaster 40 dumped somewhere...i think that would sound good.

what other mufflers do you think would sound good on that motor?

I would forget the crossover. It won't do anything for him and there isn't really any room to fit one in. If it were mine, I'd run a set of shorty equal length headers, 2 1/4" head pipes to 3" single with a 40 or 50 series Flowmaster and dump it before the rear axle. But I am very oppionated when it comes to exhaust systems and what I feel is overkill.

an H or an X would be nice, but it would make maintenance impossible. there just isnt that much room under there, and there is no way to run one without blocking the tranny, t-case, or a driveshaft. just run whatever headers you want but forget the crossover. i promise, you'll thank me later. ;)

so just run a header>muffler>pipes?

Back