1992 Ford Explorer ( CUSTOM ) Build new complete | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1992 Ford Explorer ( CUSTOM ) Build new complete

great build, will be looking at this for awhile. keep it rollin

Thanks for the comments guys !!! I am not getting rid of the old girl, so I will keep posting updates as parts get stockpiled and stuff gets done. Just waiting on a gasket kit and some other rebuild stuff for the rear 2.5 ton Rockwell Top loader I picked up other day. I am thinking to build a custom 5 link running coils and shocks on rear ???? any idea's people ??
And the same sort of setup on the front when I find the front 2.5 ton Rockwell with steer.

Any ideas as to how to get this done best and STRONG !!!! are welcome......

Plan is to get the two axles all set up ( rear came with 4.10 ) and parts all there, hydro steer kit, pump, and shocks, with coils and all, I want to run a 38" tire with the rockwells, 5.88 gears with the 203/205 doubler setup. And then swap it all in over a month or so at my buds shop. Collecting metal scraps now too !!!! always good to have when doin a custom rig !!!

:salute:honestly the rock well is over kill but im like that to. I want them in my big block build. if your ganna go threw all the work to put rock wells in then just make it 4 wheel steer. The one thing you wanna look for on the steer axle is cut the knuckle boot open and see what u joint is in it. They come 3 styles, you want the one that looks like a u joint. The outhers look like cv joints, what i learnd was the small cv is xtreamly weak and the larger one is hella expensive and extreamly hard to get

Back