1993 Ranger 3.0 v6 5 speed | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1993 Ranger 3.0 v6 5 speed

I think I found it on Fast Parts Network :scratch: but it was just the hose, not the assembly like the links you sent me. I'm pretty satisfied with my repair- Permatex does have sealants that tolerate fuel exposure better than what I used, the repair I did could be a 100% fix.

To update this on the Ranger-

I ordered Royal Purple fluids for the engine, transmission and rear differential, we shall see if full synthetic improves MPG's.

I also have an Audiovox cruise control unit on the way- the trip to KS that I am planning will be much better with it. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Mine was the whole assembly...

1AFMX00011.jpg

...I'm interested in your audiovox cruise control setup..Please do a writeup on it...:D

I guess I'm about due for one, I looked into a factory type swap, but its very involved, removing the dash, steering column, steering wheel, etc. I have a donor, but little interest in pulling it and my truck apart :nono:

I'll try to prepare and do a write up.

Cruise control is in, pictures were taken. I'll have a write up in the next few days.

Cruise works really well, the install blends right in with the stock stuff, a normal person wouldn't even notice it.

Best $85 I've spent in a while. Especially considering I put $54 in the tank tonight. :(

..:bounce:...You are such a tease...:(

The Royal Purple went in the trans and rear differential a few days back, the oil will be changed this weekend- A 1 year or 25k interval is my intention. I bought 6 quarts, the engine holds 4.5, so I should have enough for top offs and filter changes. I will be using Napa Gold oil filters.

I really like the syncromax in the trans, I can feel the difference in the shifts.

looks good so far keep up the good work

Back