• Register Today It's free!

1994 Flywheel issues

Daniel77

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Limited 4.0
I HAVE A 94 EXPLORER LIMITED 4.0 AUTO TRANY. I KEEP BREAKING FLYWHEELS THAT I BOUGHT FROM ADVANCE AUTO. ( 2 OF THEM SO FAR)
they only have one kind . EVERYTHING IS STRAIGHT AND CLEAN .I
I bought one from auto zone But it dont have the supporting ring for the center of the flywheel and know body knows where I can get this ring .
The repair manual says the flywheel goes on, then this ring then the bolts .
Is this some thing I will have to order thru a Ford dealer ? why is the fly wheels
breaking ????????????????
Thanks Joey

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You need one of these?

001_zps90ee87c1.jpg

Thanks turdle , But I already bought one of these spacers .And I still break fly wheels .
All the flywheels Pic I see for a 94 4.0 dont show this reinforcing plate . I will try
an put this flywheel on with out the reinforcing plate and cross my fingers that it dont break . If it does I will junk it or sell it for parts . I think all these after market parts from these car part places are recycled jap cars . Hell the flywheels are stamped
" Made in Mexico " Aint that the ****

Joey

Fly wheel/flex plate keeps breaking

Hello every one . Sorry for taking so long getting back on here . work ,work ,work ,It seems like that,s all I do any more .:) Got to keep the bills paid .
Any way ,I took the fly wheel back and went to the bone yard and got one from
a 94 4.0 engine .The spacer was broke so I went and used the new one that I got from the ford dealer here . Any way "Knock on wood" the fly wheel is
still ok . I hate buying **** from the parts places any more. Either its rebuilt (mexico) or its made in china Any way so far so good on the fly wheel. Ex is
back on the road . They are calling for 1"-5"of snowwwwwww tonight thru
Tommorow . NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO:splat: so till next time , be cool
Drive safe , keep the dirity side down

Joey

fly wheel still doing good

Hello every one .Hope you all had a nice xmas and a happy new year. Well the ex is still running good . Dont know why I kept breaking fly wheels .
The bone yard one is still doing good (knock on wood ). We are suppose to get snow/freezing rain this week end so might park it till nicer weather . Ill
just beat the ole ranger up some more this winter
Till later you all stay safe out there

joey:party:

Back