1995 E-4WD Aerostar GTRV camper van. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1995 E-4WD Aerostar GTRV camper van.

davran

Reaction score
City, State
Victoria, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Aerostar awd camper
I found this '95 awd Aerostar GTRV camper van.
Outfitted originally by Lulu Island campers in Richmond BC Canada, before they were shut down by GTRV.
I've never seen an Aerostar camper before. The van needs maintenance, but the camper part of it is in great shape. Tires, springs, shocks, and rear suspension air bags on the rear have to happen first thing. It doesn't have a house heater, but it's plumbed for it, so I'll get one to hook up to the existing propane.

Turns out a high/low range transfer case from a Ranger will bolt on, but the front diff of the Aerostar won't hold up to much

No chassis rust, but left rocker crushed by ford dealer hoisting it incorrectly, and not fixed well by them.

A winter of mechanical work and it'll be set.

37491288816_4e4735750f_b.jpg

36869883133_ca85457df9_b.jpg

36869884533_02597a3a7b_b.jpg

37491296296_3b4aff33e0_b.jpg

37491302526_bcca79b879_b.jpg

img

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hadn't either; I think it's a great, small camper.

wednesday
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/aerostar-camper-color-photos.466764/

One question I have. looks like a cooking area inside. Also looks like you cook while kneeling, because that seat is in the way.Too much stuff in too little space for me.

There's nothing blocking the stove, and at least 7' of head room if the roof's up. The seat is in front of the little sink, with the stove to the right of it.

It's small, but I wanted small for access into small places.

Back