1998 OHV Preventative Maintenance | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1998 OHV Preventative Maintenance

you're not helping. LOL. It maybe a good setup but the V8 in a sport is a better setup. Already has a clean empty engine bay to start with.
I honestly prefer the 4.0 ohv motors don't get me wrong I hate 5r as this is the 2nd one that's acted up I prefer the m5od but then again I've never truly experienced the v8s so

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I honestly prefer the 4.0 ohv motors don't get me wrong I hate 5r as this is the 2nd one that's acted up I prefer the m5od but then again I've never truly experienced the v8s so
I didn't mind my 302 in my 96 XLT I had several years ago. It did more than keep up in traffic. Only issues is the explorer's stock suspension sucked at high speeds, especially in curves and bumps. I felt like I almost lost it on I 295 going around a curve with bumps in the road.

Screenshot_20230305-133017.png Screenshot_20230305-133022.png

Now you're speaking my language. Tons of these out there. I like that price too.
There aren't a ton out here apparently with the 5.0. lots of sohc. Only issues is it's 160 miles away

There aren't a ton out here apparently with the 5.0. lots of sohc. Only issues is it's 160 miles away
Hey sounds about the way it is here.

It’d probably drive 2.5 hours. Got AAA?

It’d probably drive 2.5 hours. Got AAA?
For that price, you are getting a complete donor for less than what a junk yard wants for the engine alone. Sell the rest of the car to recover most of that $350. Uhaul truck and tow dolly, AAA...

I could get it. I'm half tempted to tow it with the civic lol
If you do, pictures or it didn't happen. Ad makes it sound like the thing still moves under its own power, if that's the case what about getting a temp tag for it and use the civic as a follow car in case feces hits the fan.

If you do, pictures or it didn't happen. Ad makes it sound like the thing still moves under its own power, if that's the case what about getting a temp tag for it and use the civic as a follow car in case feces hits the fan.

IMG_20220226_131607.jpg

A uhaul and trailer would be cheaper than a transmission. Watch about 5 revival episodes of Vice Grip Garage, and you’ll drive that puppy 2.5 hours. Besides, it’d give a good test of that drivetrain before making the decision to swap it in and get burnt. Hell, what’s wrong with the other truck? Could probably do minimal repairs and drive it awhile as is.

A uhaul and trailer would be cheaper than a transmission. Watch about 5 revival episodes of Vice Grip Garage, and you’ll drive that puppy 2.5 hours. Besides, it’d give a good test of that drivetrain before making the decision to swap it in and get burnt. Hell, what’s wrong with the other truck? Could probably do minimal repairs and drive it awhile as is.
Right I driven mine with no tc lock up for about 500 miles no problems just od off light blinking me to death.

I prefer the sport over the 4 door drive model

Time to slow down. Got a boo boo at work
IMG_20230306_160845.jpg
IMG_0903.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back