• Register Today It's free!

1999 explorer airbag code 41

John Pedjac

Reaction score
City, State
Mt Pleasant MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer AWD
I have an airbag code 41 flashing then a constant airbag light on. What is a 41 code? - i found a posting that it could be "41 RH Radiator Primary Crash Sensor Feed/Return Circuit Open" but it came from a Mustang code list. My explorer has not been in an accident. Are my airbags still working? If it is the above issue where would I start to fix it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check the wiring harness connector for that sensor. It might have a bad connection in the bulkhead connector. Open it up, spray contact cleaner into it, then use an antioxidant cream before you plug it back in. Always disconnect the battery, and wait a minimum of 10 minutes before you do this. The internal back up battery in the air bag module has to discharge first. You wouldn't want the air bag to accidentally deploy.:splat:

Can you help with the location of the bulkhead connector? Thanks

According to the description of the code in your first post, it should be in the front. Check Autozone's website for the exact location of the part. Click the link which says repair information, then component locations.

On my 99 they are located on a bracket off the front of the core support just above each frame rail.

Back