1999 Ford Explorer 3" PA883 lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 Ford Explorer 3" PA883 lift

Bearr

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just ordered my lift around 30min. ago from performance accecsories. I just wanted to know other than making modified bumper brackets will the lift require anything else? I think the kit i bought from PA includeds some steering extensions. Will I be needing these with a 3inc. lift? Lastly, I have a 1999 ford explorer limited, so I wanted to know if there is anything I should be doing differently.

Apreciate feeback :usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What motor?

My explorer has a 4.2L V6. Will there be a big difference?

You have a 4.0L V6?

I was asking because if you had the 5.0L (which a lot of Limiteds are) you'd need to cut off a tab on the radiator in order for it to lower enough for the brackets.

But since you have a V6 you're in the clear. :thumbsup:

Yea you will be needing that steering extender, but it's pretty easy to put in so I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Thanks for the feed back I'll :salute:. If I incounter anything else I'll through a question yall's way.

I was asking because if you had the 5.0L (which a lot of Limiteds are) you'd need to cut off a tab on the radiator in order for it to lower enough for the brackets.

I didn't have to cut any tabs :scratch:
but maybe that's why the radiator took me the longest of all parts :dunno:

Back