1st Gen Recirc actuator/door problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1st Gen Recirc actuator/door problem

mrau92me

Reaction score
City, State
Decatur, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Mountaineer
I have a '94 Mazda B3000 that has a setup identical to the pics posted in this thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2531374#post2531374. My recirc motor actuator is not moving at all no matter where I slide the control lever. A couple of days ago when I suspected a problem, I checked it right after driving it, and with the engine off & key switch on (fan blowing), it moved one time when I slid the lever to the 'off' position (far left), but it now won't move at all with the lever in any position with or without the engine running. I checked both the vacuum tree on the manifold and that pill-shaped reservoir for loose hose connections but don't see any. Could the recirc motor be bad or do I have a leaky hose somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.

Is it feasible to pull the hose on the recirc motor and see if the vacuum changes when I move the a/c control lever? If it changes, then my recirc motor is bad? If not, then I have a vacuum leak somewhere?

Back