• Register Today It's free!

1st report on the new Ex

nik

Reaction score
City, State
Oxford, Oxfordshire, UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000, North Face
Well, she managed to do the 125 mile. Trip back to mine without incident so all goo so far!
Faults are as follows:-
1. Engine management light on.
2. After about half an hour suspension warning light comes on. (back looks a little low and doesn't pump up!)
3. Rear wiper doesn't work.
4. One headlight out.
5. One brake light out.
6. Rear fogs not working.
7. And most importantly the stereo is knackered!

So All in all not too bad at all. She's a better drive than my other Ex. So I'm pleased with the new purchase.
Not sure what to do with the old on at the mo though! Lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Um engine management light on. Any idea what is causing this? Read the codes yet? Rear suspension could be an easy fix. Check that the ladder has not dropped off on the axle. Rear wiper may just need a thump (if in doubt give it a clout). A few lamps required also check fuses. As for radio fit a decent one and will be all good.

Cheers Howard! Will try thumping in the morning. Lol. As for the codes. Apparently the guy I bought it from said the code is saying that the left bank is running lean. The reason he has sold it is because he couldn't sort it. He's changed a few things but I'm not sure what??

Will do. It looks like he replaced the vacuum pipes! I'll report back! May need a visit over to sunny Buckingham!

Ha ha!! Good point!!
I'm in MK quite a bit. I'll pop over and buy you a beer!!

Back