2.9 Fast Idle after TB cleaning | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2.9 Fast Idle after TB cleaning

S

Southern Gent

I need some help guys. I just cleaned the throttle body & ISC motor because it was dirty & i had a hesitation along no fast idle on cold mornings. Not sure if the factory tach is correct or not but now I can't get it to idle down below 1100 rpm indicated on the tach in the IP cluster. I have a 2.9 V6 manual transmission 4X4. The engine starts great now & will idle like it should when it's cold up around 1200-1500 rpm but won't get below 1100 after it warms up. I drove it for over 30 minutes & then disconnected the battery hoping to reset the computer. No such luck. I don't have an after market tach to compare the factory one with. What do you think the problem might be? Factory tach no reading right or something else? Would appreciate any help. Thanks

high idle

Have you checked all your intake gaskets, you can do this by spraying starter fluid on all your gaskets on the intake, with the motor running, if you get a higher idle when sprayed, then you usaully have a bad gasket, hope this helps.

two things on top of checking for vacuum leaks:

make sure you got all the vacuum hoses hooked up including the canister purge solenoid which attaches UNDER the tb

Disconnect the battery to reset the computer, anytime you clean or replace a sensor it must be re-set so it can re-learn the sensors signals (IAC motor you cleaned)

Back