2000 ford explorer wont start | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 ford explorer wont start

Jason24

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer
Hey everybody new to the site.
I have a 2000 ford explorer 4.0 sohc had a rough idle and then loss of power. Then would not stay running but for few minutes then would die on me. Replaced maf, iac valve, tps sensor,fuel filter. Then checked the fuel pressure at the fuel rail and got 65 psi and it held at 65 psi after it ran for awhile and stalled out on me. now it wont start at all just cranks. pulled codes po442, p1131,p1151,p0171,p0174. I know what all the codes are for but at a loss for where to start with these codes. sorry it is so long but wanted give as much info as I could been working on this thing all day and ready to drag it to the back forty and put it out of its misery!!!
Any suggestions would be appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

check compression

po442 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (small leak)
p1131 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 1
p1151 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 2
p0171 System too Lean (Bank 1)
p0174 System too Lean (Bank 2)

With good fuel pressure none of the above codes should prevent the engine from starting. My Sport will start and run with the MAF sensor completely disconnected. I suggest that you confirm you have ignition. If so, then check the compression on at least one cylinder in both banks. When you pull the spark plug to check the compression see if the plug looks abnormal.

ooops, my bad; wrong code chart.

Maybe he's out on the "back forty" roast'n wienies over it?

Back