2000 Mountaineer with ATC, the ac/heater fan wont shut off | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Mountaineer with ATC, the ac/heater fan wont shut off

MJGoulais

Reaction score
City, State
Campbellsport, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mercury Mountaineer
Heater/AC fan only runs on high and can only be turned off with the ignition. I've read other posts like this but I'm confused between Manual vs Automatic temperature control systems. When I look up the part numbers I've seen listed here - I keep getting messages that say "Wont fit your 2000 Mountaineer". Anyone with a 2000 Mountaineer like mine have this issue? Please advise.

If you have a display, rather than just 3 knobs, you have the EATC (automatic) controls.

I'm guessing you're having a problem with your blower control module. It's located in the engine compartment, near the blower motor, located at about the 5:00 position relative to the blower motor and is held in place with 2 screws. They tend to go bad.

The blower control module takes the place of the blower resistor on the manual control systems.

If you have a display, rather than just 3 knobs, you have the EATC (automatic) controls.

I'm guessing you're having a problem with your blower control module. It's located in the engine compartment, near the blower motor, located at about the 5:00 position relative to the blower motor and is held in place with 2 screws. They tend to go bad.

The blower control module takes the place of the blower resistor on the manual control systems.

Thanks for the tip. (I had replaced that module a little over a year ago. Because of this I assumed the problem I'm having now was something different) Should it go bad that quickly though? If so, what might cause it to fail?

No it shouldn't fail that quickly. You should also check the electrical plug to make sure it isn't corroded or dirty.

Did the module you purchased come with a warranty? Even if it did it might only be for 30-90 days. What brand was it?

Back