2000 Mounty, whats it worth? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Mounty, whats it worth?

crazynut52

Reaction score
So I bought a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer. It had a bad rearend, so I replaced it with a lower mileage rearend. Works great, now I am trying to sell it. I know I can look up the value on NADA or KBB, but I am wondering what real world money it would sell for. How much would you pay for it?

Its a 2000 Mountaineer 6cyl. awd, leather sunroof, digital climate, steering wheel controls, trip computer etc. 136k miles. Normal small scratches etc for the year.

I was thinking of asking 2500?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I bought a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer. It had a bad rearend, so I replaced it with a lower mileage rearend. Works great, now I am trying to sell it. I know I can look up the value on NADA or KBB, but I am wondering what real world money it would sell for. How much would you pay for it?

Its a 2000 Mountaineer 6cyl. awd, leather sunroof, digital climate, steering wheel controls, trip computer etc. 136k miles. Normal small scratches etc for the year.

I was thinking of asking 2500?

I think that should be a fair price, I would problaby try for 2800-3000 myself.

Ask 2800-3k like mentioned above. If you cant get that in a few days then lower the price.

Craigslist is your friend.

I thought awd came with the V8, not the V6.

I might be interested :p
Lol got any pics?

Id probably say $2500-$3000. Like stated, if it doesn't sell then lower your price.

I would start at atlest 4000 and go from there. Do vehicles sell for less on the east coast or something? I would fly over there, buy from you and drive it back thats so cheap!

That ain't cheap. 2800 is the most I'd pay if the body was MINT and that's pushing it.

Yup- there are so many people needing money and selling cars right now, any car isn't worth much. Market is flooded- let alone an SUV... :(

Hence the reason I got mine for $300. Kid just couldn't afford it anymore and he wanted to get rid of it ASAP.

I would start at atlest 4000 and go from there. Do vehicles sell for less on the east coast or something? I would fly over there, buy from you and drive it back thats so cheap!

The market is garabage in all of the north eastern United States. Heres why....

- A good chunk of the people are losing or have lost there jobs because they are/were employed by the big 3.

- Road salt kills resale value, and up/over here the drop a TON of it because people drive like **** then whine because they slid off the road.

- As mentioned earlier. Flooded market. All these dealerships new and used are trying to dump vehicles but people cant afford them or cant get loans for them.

Yup- there are so many people needing money and selling cars right now, any car isn't worth much. Market is flooded- let alone an SUV... :(

Exactly. You can't even sell SUVs for close to KBB value here. Especially considering how cheap new cars can be had for.

Back