2002 Explorer/Mountaineer 4 Door Pictures | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Explorer/Mountaineer 4 Door Pictures

Re: Moderation

Originally posted by bluescat
I put off buying a new Explorer because the styling just wasn't there. When I saw the new 2001 Explorer Sport, I just thought it was the best looking SUV ever. Know what? I still do. In deference to those who own these vehicles and to treat them with a little respect as part of this membership, can I suggest that the moderators lead the way?

I am sure that this is directed at me so I will respond. I do not particularly care for the look of the grille on the 2001 Sport or Sport Trac. This is my opinion. I am entitled to my opinion (as are you) and I am not trying to force it on anyone. There are many cool features on the 2001's but I do not care for the grille. There are many cars that I like that have features that I find less than desirable but that does not make them a bad vehicle. I do not see anywhere in my posts that I was attacking owners of 2001 models. I will not apologize for my opinion and neither should you be asked to apologize for yours. What people like and dislike in cars is a very personal thing and it is often easy for people to get upset over innocent comments. Granted there are alot of things that people say purposely to get a rise out of someone but I do not have the time or the inclination to do such a thing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm going to stick with Paul on this one. The reason I started this thread was so we could all voice our opinions on the new Explorer (also remember the 4 Door and your Sport are now quite different). I think its been, and will continue to be a successful thread. No one was insulting these vehicles, your vehicle, or any member of this board. People have opinions. There are people on this board that don't like the 95-00 Explorers. In fact, we've had to moderate some posts because of these people getting out of hand and insulting the owners of these vehicles. However, no one made a personal attack on you, or any other 2001 Explorer or future 2002 Explorer owner. Thats where the difference lies. I am sorry you feel insulted, but like Paul I am not sorry for my opinion.

Plastic bumpers. The bumpers have to be there in response to the competition. Trucks like the ML320, Xterra, RX300 all have 5MPH plastic bumpers. Ford almost has to follow suit. Don;t worry, the aftermarket guys'll fix that REAL soon ;)

Moderator?

I defend your right to call it like you see it. Moderators have opinions and should be able to voice them whenever they like as long as they remember they are leaders as well as individuals. Besides no one expected or even asked for an apology.

I love the Explorer a lot more than the mountaineer. I think the explorer looks awesome, just like Paul said about a baby expedition. That was the first thing I thought about whne I saw it.

I can't believe Ford is still putting Firestone tires in their 2002 Explorer!!! I hope they'll change it when they come out in the early 2001!! Sorry. I have to express my anger.

Man, I was just going through the thread again and looked at the pics more and the new one that someone posted a link to, and I think this explorer looks awesome!! They look really good and I think Ford did great on this one. Anyone know anything about the suspension? Is it still going to be solid rear independant front? I can't wait to start seeing them on the road, although it won't be for another year. Does anyone else think that it looks like they made the rear cargo area smaller?? It looks smaller than before. I hope they didn't because I have been in cherokees and grand cherokkes and they have small spaces back there and the rear passenger seats are crammed too and the earlier explorer and I think 95+ have a lot of room back there.

[Edited by rock883 on 08-05-2000 at 05:18 PM]

I'm with Stephen, I think the nose looks like a Rodeo with an Expedition grill. I like the nose better than the '01 though.

Dead Link Removed

vs.

Dead Link Removed

I can sorta halfway see where Stephen is coming from, but IMHO, nah, they don't look much alike.

Dead Link Removed

vs.

Dead Link Removed

vs.

Dead Link Removed

Wow.. they lowered the explorer? hmmm... Just go ahead and call it a minivan then. honestly... what is the diffrence between a minivan and what the new explorers are becoming? Hmmm... as far as the firestones go... I dont think Ford will be leaving firestone anytime soon....

nick

Here is a closer look

View

I think it looks exponentialy better than today's 4 door models. I think this is going to sell really good for Ford.

Some contradictions are shown here though, like lower step in height, yet higher ground clearence?

Still though, I think the esthetics are highly improved.

[Edited by felsmann on 08-06-2000 at 09:30 PM]

HEY! That Rodeo looks like a Pathfinder. Damn you Isuzu!!

;)

I think the 2002 Explorer looks like a new refined Explorer. I do like the grill better than mine, but I also like mine just the same. Besides, you guys already have trucks and you have clearly stated you will be keeping them, so what do you care what it looks like? :)

[Edited by 2001ExpSport on 08-06-2000 at 09:37 PM]

Originally posted by 2001ExpSport
Besides, you guys already have trucks and you have clearly stated you will be keeping them, so what do you care what it looks like? :)

LOL... That is too funny!!! :D :D :D :D I guess you could also say that we aren't going to get her so why do we care what Faith Hill looks like. LOL Dead Link Removed;)

LOL. My Explorer has been having tough times lately though, I don't have patience with cars. It seems to be over now (knock on wood). I'll have to see what the Limited looks like. The truck does look better from that vantage point though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dead Link RemovedDead Link Removed

Pretty girl or good looking truck? Which would you choose? One of each for me please!!! :D

Back