Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
No. Alabama USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Blue Ex 4.0 SOHC
Callsign
KAGG 3611 (CB)
I'm trying to find a fuel pump relay wiring diagram to find the certain color wire to unpin the ground "trigger" wire to wire straight to ground so the pump will run continuous with the key on. Or, can I unplug the inertia switch connector and put power to the pink wire with the black stripe to run the pump without involving the key? I can have the battery ground wire hooked up then use a long test lead from the battery positive to pink/black wire. Any ST people on today? I will want to do this Sunday morning. Thanks for any info. Greg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ill get some pics from the wiring book

@410Fortune Thanks Jamie. I know that you showed me a few weeks ago how to use a connector off of a harness to power it directly but between my back issue that is keeping me from getting under it on the ground at home and I don't have a harness side connector, I need to power it up a different way. Thanks again.

866C1573-1660-44BC-85B8-D8604B27BF69.jpeg

See if these help!

32EF43AB-5701-4BDE-A468-3F9207F6C43E.jpeg

smart phones are so stupid
Why is one pic big and clear and the other small and orange? I took them and posted them at the same time!

Let me know if you need anything further

@410Fortune I was able to click on the smaller picture. I think I'm good. I found the pink wire with the black stripe at the inertia switch. When I unplugged it, it only had 2 wires in the 3 pin connector. I finally have been able to put my hands on the ST and now I find that the disconnect tool that fits for sure my '91 to '94 Ex fuel and return lines is NOT big enough for the ST fuel line connection located between the engine and left front tire. I have looked up another little tool set online and have found something on Amazon however it has incomplete information in the description. If anyone has this set, please help me verify that the biggest of the tools will fit my ST line. It appears to be 1/2"-13mm. here is a link.
SATA 3 piece disconnect tools

I have those tools they are not the greatest at releasing the spring which is too bad because you can get lots of leverage with them

Best one is still the white plastic rings

Or this heavy plastic style

None of the “metal” ones seem to work well at all for me

I like these two
6A94EF34-C778-43BB-8219-352DB09FDF64.jpeg

Another one of those FoMoCo light bulb issues... Threaded flare would have been just right. Somewhere at work I have a broken set of the white ones but the ones that are missing is probably the size that I need.
Fordplate.jpg

I do that too I have about 50 of the white rings in the sizes I never use hahaha and the two sizes I use have to keep buying new sets. They are cheap enough and they sell them just about everywhere

Back