2004 sport trac i/p 50A fuse keeps blowing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 sport trac i/p 50A fuse keeps blowing

I/P fuse 50A pwr

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 ford sport trac 4th
Hi all, first time poster. I have a 2004 sport trac 4th xlt. While driving the radio just shut off as well as the gauges in the instrumen panel. Stopped pit the truck in park, turned off and turned back on, no joy. I tried to put the truck in drive but the gear was stuck. So I turned it back off, forced pressure on the column while turning the key to put the truck in neutral so I could start it and drive back home. Upon inspectionot the 50A fuse 1 in the power distribution box was blown, the 15A trail or tow was blown (may have been blown for a while) and the 5A rear climate control fuse blown. Took the instrument panel off, disconnected the two cables, popped a new 50A fuse in and it blew right away as soon as I connected the battery. I did notice that the 5A rear climate control fuse blew gin but not the tow fuse.... any ideas? Does anyone have a schematic that includes that fuse 50A i/p fuse? Or rear cli,ate control? Thanks in advance

Back