2005 Sportrak fuel issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Sportrak fuel issue

John917v

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Sportrak XLT
Hello all, ive got a 2005 4.0 Sportrak with a 4.0 from a 2001 Explorer i recently installed. i changed out everything that was needed for the swap to work. It ran well for about 30 miles, until the motor just turned off while driving 1 day. After noticing it had spark & the air filter was fine, i replaced the fuel filter & fuel pump. i also replaced the throttle sensor & crankshaft position sensor. The engine turns but wont get fuel, i checked the fuel reg valve with the green cap & it doesn’t show any fuel. Any suggestions as to what may be causing this? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i honestly don’t know, but we never turned it off if it is there. Is that something that would turn off while driving? i was driving it when the problem started

Fuel pump in the tank

Does the 05 have the fuel cut off switch in the passenger side kick panel like the 07?
Yes, same location. 10 seconds to check the switch and connector. Do you hear the pump when key is turned to run?

Back