• Register Today It's free!

2006 explorer vent no air

F SANE IL

Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer EB V6 4x4
So, its pretty cold here in NorthEast and putting on the heat just feels pretty good in the winter. Problem is, it only works on speed 3 and 4, but at that point I can't hear my own thoughts. For some reason speed 1 and 2 either don't work or work real ****ty. Not sure what to do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes I think the 4x4 module needs to be removed. It is just two bolts and in the thread in my last post the grey connector needs to be pulled out from the vent to gain access you do not need to unplug either the grey connector or the 4x4 module.

I removed the module when I did mine it took less than 10 minutes in total to replace.

yes I think the 4x4 module needs to be removed. It is just two bolts and in the thread in my last post the grey connector needs to be pulled out from the vent to gain access you do not need to unplug either the grey connector or the 4x4 module.

I removed the module when I did mine it took less than 10 minutes in total to replace.

Got it done and all works well now.

I ended up removing just one screw for the bracket that the 4x4 module sits on and it came right out. I ended up flipping the glove box out and it was all right there and I didn't need to go under the dash. Plus it was a much better view of the work area. Also discovered the dreaded tapping noise that I couldn't figure out was the cause of. The glove box light somehow broke off and was dangling inside.

Back