Heat coming from vents when only vent is on | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Heat coming from vents when only vent is on

roveer

Reaction score
City, State
Morristown, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
My 2006 Eddie Bauer recently had a radiator failure and an overheating event. I had the dealer put in an aftermarket radiator and that problem is solved.

Now I seem to have a problem when I turn on the vent I get full heat. If i turn on the AC full blast I sometimes get cold out of the left console vent and hot air out of the right console vent. This is with Dual mode turned OFF. It seems after a period of time I get cold air out of both vents. I believe if I just turn on the vent I get heat from both vents.

Is it possible this was due to the overheating event? I had turned on the heat full blast to try and keep the radiator temp down.

Ideas? A bad thermostat? Dreaded blend door?

Thanks,

Roveer

Bump to this, experiencing the same issue

Do you have the EATC or the manual controls?

If EATC, get the truck up to operating temperature, and go into the diagnostic mode of the EATC by pressing Defrost 7 off simultaneously (press, not hold) and then within 2 seconds of releasing, press the auto button.

The display will do some crazy stuff then display a numeric code if an error is present, if not, it will turn on all the icons in the display for a few seconds if an "all clear" is given... press the main "colder" button to cancel the test

If defrost & off doesn't get the self test, try the same thing floor and off. I've seen both trigger the test.

passenger blend door - 2267
drivers side blend door - 2266

Back