windshield washer pump | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

windshield washer pump

I am really starting to think it’s the new wiper stalk not working. I am wondering if it dose not have the rain asst feature. Or if that has anything to do with it? When I called a different auto parts store they asked if my vehicle had the automated rear parking asst and rain asst feature and the price for the wiper stock was 40$ more then the previous one? Would that make a difference for the wiper washer pump to work?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am really starting to think it’s the new wiper stalk not working. I am wondering if it dose not have the rain asst feature. Or if that has anything to do with it? When I called a different auto parts store they asked if my vehicle had the automated rear parking asst and rain asst feature and the price for the wiper stock was 40$ more then the previous one? Would that make a difference for the wiper washer pump to work?
To me, it clearly sounds like an electrical issue. I do not have the rain assist feature, therefore, if that's what you have and bought a wiper stock without that feature perhaps that could make a difference.

To me, it clearly sounds like an electrical issue. I do not have the rain assist feature, therefore, if that's what you have and bought a wiper stock without that feature perhaps that could make a difference.
It could be. This all started when the wipers wouldn’t turn off even though the switch was off. That’s why I ended up buying a new wiper stock.

When mentioning "rain assist", I'm guessing you are referring to the rain activated wiper feature? I have issues with the "phantom wipe" or uncommanded wipe issue with all my vehicles. They would do a wipe or two on a sunny day. On my 2011 Limited they replaced the wiper control module. That didn't fix it. I'm just thinking it's the 'nature' of the feature. What is the part # of the one you installed?

Peter

When mentioning "rain assist", I'm guessing you are referring to the rain activated wiper feature? I have issues with the "phantom wipe" or uncommanded wipe issue with all my vehicles. They would do a wipe or two on a sunny day. On my 2011 Limited they replaced the wiper control module. That didn't fix it. I'm just thinking it's the 'nature' of the feature. What is the part # of the one you installed?

Peter
WS6750 is the part # I got from my local auto parts store.

7506AC6D-3279-4956-9A13-C128C85780D9.jpeg

This is what they gave me. The ford one was out of stock and it’s been snowing so I needed my wipers lol. I am guessing this switch is wrong for my application

That appears to be an ECHLIN part number.
Dids some more digging and found this site; WP495 by STANDARD IGNITION - Windshield Wiper Switch
The 4th and 3rd numbers from the bottom are the ones that AutoNation Ford showed and they don't seem to equate to the ECHLIN number if you click on them. I also see that the site mentions "Standard Ignition". I'm guessing that is a keyed ignition.
I really don't know what to say other than it has filled in some of my Saturday afternoon time. :) Good luck.

Peter

That appears to be an ECHLIN part number.
Dids some more digging and found this site; WP495 by STANDARD IGNITION - Windshield Wiper Switch
The 4th and 3rd numbers from the bottom are the ones that AutoNation Ford showed and they don't seem to equate to the ECHLIN number if you click on them. I also see that the site mentions "Standard Ignition". I'm guessing that is a keyed ignition.
I really don't know what to say other than it has filled in some of my Saturday afternoon time. :) Good luck.

Peter
I do indeed have a key ignition! So I am lost with all this lol. I might just bring it to the dealership

Just a update everything I replaced works flawlessly. The dealership tested everything and it came down to a module in the steering column that’s on national back order!!!! that’s preventing power to the wiper stock. I guess this module powers a lot of stuff and the dealership found all kinds of codes for different things for this module that for some reason was not throwing a engine light or message. So I am looking at 1,000 bucks once this module shows up. I had them test the old wiper stock and it indeed was bad same with the old washer pump

Thank you. I appreciated the update. :thumbsup:

Peter

Back