2007 xlt TPMS which one? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 xlt TPMS which one?

webnet

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 explorer ltd
So I am the new owner of this xlt. It is showing the Tire Fault error. I assume all the sensor batteries are dead.

Going online to buy the replacements I see a bunch of different ones listed for the explorer on autozone. I can't guess which one is the one to buy. (I won't be able to see the old ones until I pull the tires off and that will be too late... the truck is in Africa and I'm shipping tires and parts over to have when we pick it up)

Questions-
So does anyone know which sensor is the right one? 2007 xlt 4wd, 16in rims.

Do I need one for the spare as well?

Do I need to buy the 'strap' or those little plastic clips too?

Thanks in advance. David

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I replaced 3 of the crappy blue ones with the straps and finally replaced all but the spare witb Orange sensors. These are the valve stem style and were no issue whatsoever. Got the set of 4 for something like $90 on ebay. Went to a mom and pop tire place and had them remove the tires, i removed the old blue ones and installed the new sensors (I gave him the old sensors and he didn't charge me anything) they then remounted tires and balanced them. To be honest, I don't remember how I programed them, but it was simple and cheap.

I got my programmer at the stealership for about 25 bucks, but they can be had on ebay or amazon for around the same. I also use the Orange electronics stem style sensor and it works with a ford programmer too.

I went with the orange electronic tpms sensors they are the vlave stem style had had no problems. You do not need one for the spare. I think if you go with the band style one you will need new bands i am not 100% on that.
For programming then you can get the ford tool on amazon or tpmsdirect.com. fordtechmakuloco has a video on youtube on how to program them to the vehicle if you need help. Most tire shops can program the sensors too all though they may charge a small fee to do it.

Get yourself the programming tool. its like $50. Then perform the programming procedure and you'll know which of your TPMS are dead. Why replace all of them if only one is dead?

Perhaps if you call a Ford dealership and give them the VIN, they could tell you which TPMS sensors you have. I haven't done this, but I would think the VIN would tell all.

Perhaps if you call a Ford dealership and give them the VIN, they could tell you which TPMS sensors you have. I haven't done this, but I would think the VIN would tell all.

No need, they're on ebay all day every day and much cheaper.

I replaced 3 of the crappy blue ones with the straps and finally replaced all but the spare witb Orange sensors.

I also use the Orange electronics stem style sensor and it works with a ford programmer too.

I went with the orange electronic tpms sensors they are the vlave stem style had had no problems.

I'm guessing these are the orange sensor/valve stem assemblies you guys used from eBay?...
image.jpeg

Haha...Orange the brand/company and not the color!

Thanks man!

Back