2008 4.0L V6 bad engine | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

2008 4.0L V6 bad engine

Koumar573

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer XLT
hi all,

As the title states I have a 2008 explorer xlt with the 4.0L V6 that has gone bad. I keep looking for used engines and I'm really having a hard time stomaching $1500 for a used engine with 120k+ miles on it. Can someone help me here and point me in a better direction if any? Any and all help or comments are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks

08EddieCA

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 & 03 X (Eddie B & XLS)
Y
hi all,

As the title states I have a 2008 explorer xlt with the 4.0L V6 that has gone bad. I keep looking for used engines and I'm really having a hard time stomaching $1500 for a used engine with 120k+ miles on it. Can someone help me here and point me in a better direction if any? Any and all help or comments are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks
you can probably find a reman long block for that price minus installation. Why is your engine bad?

Tech By Trade

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Your mom's house
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Sport Trac
Doesn't have to be an explorer, mustang 4.0l sohc usually goes for less. 1500 seems a little steep for that mileage, seen as how the cassettes are probably on their way out already.