• Register Today It's free!

2008 Explorer 5r55s

GrandSAC

Reaction score
City, State
South Bloomfield, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Eddie Bower
I have a 2008 explorer with a 5r55s transmission. The tranny was just completely rebuilt but now I have the dreaded wrench sign on in the dash. Diagnosis shows P0715 code. I replaced the TSS sensor but that did not help. I want to check the wiring from the sensor to the PCM but cannot find a wiring diagram other than a generic. Please help with a wiring diagram or a link to where I can get one. Thanks for your help.

I have a 2008 explorer with a 5r55s transmission. The tranny was just completely rebuilt but now I have the dreaded wrench sign on in the dash. Diagnosis shows P0715 code. I replaced the TSS sensor but that did not help. I want to check the wiring from the sensor to the PCM but cannot find a wiring diagram other than a generic. Please help with a wiring diagram or a link to where I can get one. Thanks for your help.
I am experiencing the same problem on my 2006 explorer 5r55s. I just installed a remanned transmission and now the wrench light comes on with the code of p0715. Please let me know if you found a solution. I already spent over 3 thousand dollars on this car and not getting anywhere. Thanks.

The wiring diagram will not likely help you much, unless a fault in wiring is causing the code display. I posted the whole schematic in another thread:

You can remove PCM connector, check continuity using ohmmeter between PCM #27 and TSS #1 . Bear in mind, this diagram is out of manual for 5R55S in 2004, #s may be different later, but wire colors should be same (should be.......).

What you really need to find out, is whether the Torque Converter Clutch is engaging or not. Use your tachometer to find out, if harness continuity is good. Faulty connector at transmission, well,... not likely. imp

Back