2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer Power Outlet Help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer Power Outlet Help

julia_gulia4697

Reaction score
City, State
Adirondack Mtns, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT & 2008 Eddie

Hi Everyone..........Im sure you can help me out!
I have a 2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer...........the Power Outlet near the cup holder in the center, by the emblem that says "SYNC", is not working. All of the other power outlets are working, not this one. Can anyone tell me which Fuse it may be? or how to fix it? I need it to charge me phone ;)

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL OF YOUR GREAT HELP!!!!!

-Jaime

Jaime- I've noticed that when i plug my gps into that outlet i need to twist and play with it in the socket to get the red power light to come on. try giving your phone charger a little twist to see if that may work. I have no idea why, but it works for me. plus, since there is a cup holder right in front, sometimes that bumps it and i lose power. (I do not know the fuse number though sorry). good luck.

I had a similar issue with my '07. Turns out the power connector was a little loose. A quick pinch on that connector with a pair of pliers fixed the problem. There is a "how to" somewhere here that shows how to remove the center console (it may actually be how to remove the HU); 5 minutes and you're done.

Back